The one where he now knows

Dylan's pov

13 hours later

I was sitting on the couch in Cole's room watching tv. Lily was still unconscious and half sleeping on the bed. I was so tired. I hadn't slept in a solid 24 hours so my eyelids were drooping but I had to stay awake till Cole got here.

Suddenly the room door bust open. There he finally was. His hair was really really messy and looked like he hadn't brushed it for a few days now. His shirt was untucked from his pants, something that you never saw on Cole. He looked so much more messier than my usual messy that he could've been me. His face was full of chaotic panic. His emotions were clobbering me in worry.

He saw lily on the bed and his eyes lit up. I felt his emotions turn to relief as he ran over to her and crouched next to the bed where she was sleeping.

He let out a sigh with a smile before leaning over and kissing her cheek.

"Is she sleeping?" He asked me, his eyes never leaving her.

I couldn't answer him. It was too saddening to say.

He looked over at me expectingly and I looked down at the ground.

His emotions started spiking with confusion.

"Lily? Baby it's me- Cole. I'm here now." He whispered to her as he gently shook her.

He looked over at me when lily didn't wake up.

"What happened to her?" He demanded as he stood up and faced me now.

"Nothing." I mumbled, looking down. It wasn't a lie. Nothing had actually, physically, happened to her.

"Then why isn't she waking up?" His voice rose at me as he walked closer.

My mouth moved but I couldn't get my voice to work. It was as if it had disappeared.

He kept coming closer and I could feel his furious emotions swirling in the air around me. I moved my hand in a fanning motion between us when his emotions started actually suffocating me.

He grabbed me by the shirt. "What did you do to her?!" He shouted in my face.

I didn't fight his grip, knowing he'd catch me again.

"I didn't do anything." I snapped, looking into his eyes now.

"Then what the hell is wrong with her?" He asked through gritted teeth, trying to control his brewing temper.

I sighed. It would be better if I told him rather than lily. She might pass out again if she had to. And I promised lily I'd calm him once he found out. So I had to tell him now.

I jerked out of his grip and he glared at me. "You'll need to sit down for this." I told him as I walked to the couch.

He took a second, glaring after me, before following me. He sat down on the couch a few spaces over.

"Look- I'm gonna get right to the point." I told him, not wanting to drag out the suspense. "Lily wasn't feeling good and we went to the doctors today..." his eyes shot up from the ground to bore into mine when he realized we lied to him on FaceTime. "And she found out..." I took a few deep breathes, trying to ignore his emotions that were wrapped around me, tightening with every word I spoke. "She found out that... that she can't have kids Cole." I whispered.

All of a sudden all his emotions lost a grip on me. He stopped... feeling. Then he felt confused. Then angry. Then... sad.

His face had lost all anger and now he looked... heartbroken. I couldn't blame him. I felt so bad for the two of them.