The one where she was only trying to love him

Dylan's pov

I lightleaped emma home in my arms, unlocking the front door while it snowed and quickly walking in. As soon as I closed the doors emma hopped down from my arms.

My eyes widened as she tripped over her own feet, unbalanced when she got down. She started to fall so I quickly caught her, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind. She exhaled sharply, her back against my chest as I held her body up.

She turned her head over her shoulder to glare at me. "Let go." She snapped.

I sighed, helping her stand before letting go. Jeez, my bad for helping. I thought sarcastically.

She walked off, towards the large white staircase.

"Where're you going?" I asked her, confused as to why she was going upstairs. It was only 9:54pm and she never slept unless I was going to bed with her.

"I'm tired." Emma yawned, walking up the stairs without a glance back at me.

I let out a frustrated sigh, knowing I have to be calm. And smooth.

Calm and smooth. Calm and smooth. Calm and smooth. I repeated to myself as I jogged up the stairs behind her.

I caught up with her, holding her hand. She whipped her head to face me, trying to pull her hand free. I sighed, letting go since I knew she wasn't over me making her cry earlier.

She stormed off, walking faster up the stairs. Leaving me behind.

I heard our room door open and slam shut. I finally reached the top of the long staircase, walking down the hall to our room. I took a deep breath in, exhaling slowly. I did this a few times to calm myself before entering.

"Calm and smooth." I whispered to myself, walking in to see an empty room.

I heard shuffling in our closet, knowing emma was in there. I walked over, opening the door and closing it behind me.

Emma was changing into her pjs, a silk top that ended above her belly button and shorts that started at her hips. She wasn't wearing a top undergarment and her slowly growing stomach was exposed.

I watched her go up to the body view mirror in the middle of our closet. She stared at her stomach, inspecting it at all angles.

"You okay love?" I asked as I took off my shirt and she shot her eyes up to glare at me.

"Better than before, no thanks you you." She told me dryly as I tossed my jeans onto a random shelf.

I sighed, now in my loose boxers as I walked up to her.

"Listen-" I started but she turned away, walking to the closet doors.

I was about to snap at her but took another deep breath as she left the closet.

"Calm and smooth." I mumbled under my breath.

I walked out of the closet to see she had shut the lights in our room. Our room was almost too dim to see but there was faint moonlight creeping in from the not thick enough curtains.

"Emma." I sighed, getting into bed beside her. She sat against the headboard so I sat beside her, our arms almost touching.

She opened her mouth to argue but I talked first. "No. Just hear me out." I stopped her and she closed her mouth, narrowing her eyes before nodding at me.

"Listen babygirl," I sighed, putting a hand on her thigh and rubbing gently as I spoke. "Tonight was my bad. I didn't mean to make you cry, I was being stupid... I'm sorry love." I whispered, leaning in and kissing her cheek. "I hope you can forgive me because I am not a fan of this bratty girl." I gestured to her before.