The one where he wants a girl

Cole's pov

Doctor Esme Hale took us to a room, letting lily change into a hospital gown. She took us to a different room then, setting lily up in a medical bed. I stood a few feet behind the 3 nurses in the room, watching them hook lily up to a few machines. When they were done they left, except for one who had to stay to give lily medicine. She went to the counter on the far side of the roomq to do what she needed.

I walked to sit on the chair beside the hospital bed lily was in. She was sitting up with a few pillows behind her. She leant her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes. I held her hand, rubbing the back of her hand with my thumb gently.

"Baby you okay?" I asked softly.

She nodded. "Just a bit queasy." She winced, speaking nervously.

I used my hand holding hers to inflict on her. I barely needed to concentrate since using my ability was ridiculously easy for me. I inflicted just enough to calm her down.

"Thanks." She whispered as she tilted her face to the right, kissing my shoulder once.

I smoothened her hair, running my fingers through her silky locks. The nurse walked over a few minutes later with 4 needles, each filled with different medication it seemed like. Lily opened her eyes to look up at the nurse when she stood on the other side of the bed.

"May I?" She asked lily, gesturing to the injections she needed to give her before she went into surgery.

"Sure." Lily nodded at her.

The nurse nodded, reaching her hand down to shift Lily's hospital gown off her leg a bit, giving her thigh a shot with a grayish- clear liquid. Lily closed her eyes, keeping her cheek pressed against my shoulder.

"Your left arm, please." The nurse asked nicely.

Lily held up her left arm. The nurse turned her arm over, palm side up. She carefully injected a different needle into the inside of her wrists and Lily's face scrunched up a bit in pain. Lily kept her eyes closed, her head still leaning against my shoulder with our hands clasped together. I watched as the nurse reached up and pulled down the neckline of Lily's gown a few inches. Lily opened her eyes and watched the nurse expose the area below her right shoulder before looking up at the nurse when she held a needle to her skin.

"I will not lie to you, this will hurt, a bit." The nurse gave lily a sorry look.

Lily nodded once, both of us watching the nurse inject a faint blue-gray colored medication into Lily's skin. A spilt second later Lily squeezed my hand in hers, sucking in a sharp breath from between gritted teeth. She closed her eyes, her face lines with ceases of pain as she put her face on my shoulder. I ran my fingers through her hair as she breathed shallowly into the crook of my neck.

The nurse then let go of Lily's gown, letting it cover the area she injected into her skin. She lifted the shoulder part of the hospital gown on her upper right arm, injecting the last needle into her arm.

"Good girl." The nurse smile softly at lily, the ceases in her face showing she was a bit older when she smile.

Lily gave a slightly strained smile back as I rubbed her back in soothing circles. I watched her carefully, making sure she was alright.

"Just relax now. The doctor will be here in about half an hour because we need the medicine to set into your system." The nurse told lily gently.

"Okay." Lily nodded from her place beside me, her face a bit stressed.

"Good luck." She smiled at us before leaving.

I scooted closer to lily so she could put her head on my shoulder. She shook her head side to side with her eyes closed. She opened her pretty blue eyes to look down at our clasped hands as she tugged on mine. She pulled me closer, making me sit beside her on the hospital bed. I wrapped an arm around her waist with a sigh. Lily closed her eyes as she put her head on my chest, wrapping her arms around my waist. I leant down and kissed her head, forehead, and cheek softly.