The one with the towel

Dylan's pov

I walked into my room, closing the door behind me. Emma was taking all the decorative pillows off our bed, putting them on the floor neatly.

I went over to my side of the bed, helping her fix the blanket as she dodged my eye contact. I took a shallow breath, remembering my promise to my mom. I would be nice and wouldn't raise my voice again.

"Emma can we please talk about it?" I asked softly.

Emma looked up at me, her eyes sad. My empathy told me that she wasn't angry anymore and neither was I. She nodded slowly, snapping her fingers twice. The lights shut off, the room only lit by the tv playing on the wall in front of our bed. Some marvel movie was on, Emma must've been watching it when I was putting rose to sleep.

I got into bed, sitting against the headboard. Emma sat beside me and pulled the blanket up to our laps. I rolled my eyes, reaching over and snagging her by the hips when I saw her glancing at the space between us. I pulled her to sit next to me, my arm around her waist. She flushed pink, wrapping her arms around my shirtless form as the both of us slouched a bit.

"What's going on Emma?" I sighed, looking around our room as I spoke. "Why won't you do it with me?"

"Because Dylan!... I don't look as nice as I used to." She whined softly, her eyes tearing.

"Do you really think I give a shit as to what you look like in bed?" I asked her, my eyebrows furrowing in disbelief.

"You obviously do after panting and moaning about how sexy and hot I look all night." She mumbled, slipping a hand between my thighs.

"That's different." I rolled my eyes. "Looks are just a perk." I told her as she looked up at me. "A perk that I don't need." I whispered, kissing her forehead.

She was quiet for a long moment before speaking. "It won't be the same dyl." She whispered, rubbing my lightly toned muscled arm with her soft hand.

"It's only one night. And I'll do it quickly so it's not to difficult for you." I whispered, kissing her forehead as I fixed the messy strands.

"Are you sure?" She asked softly, putting a hand on her stomach.

"We have to... for our baby." I whispered against her shoulder, kissing her bare skin as I put a hand on her stomach.

Cole's pov

Today was the day lily had her first sonogram done for our baby. She didn't seem too excited for it, she was neutral. I was pumped up though, I couldn't wait to see it.

I woke up this morning to have Lily laying on my back. Ever since she got pregnant she liked to move to lay on top of my back while we slept. Her baby bump fit in the dip in the small of my back and it was a comfortable position for her.

I turnt my head a bit over my shoulder to glance at her. She had her arms around my chest, laying stomach down on my bare back. I was in loose boxers while was topless with a bottom undergarment, her well formed and bare chest pressed against my back. Her baby bump was a bit bigger now since she was almost three months pregnant but it wasn't really noticeable when she wore a shirt and definitely not when she wore a dress. She had her cheek pressed against the back of my shoulder, sound asleep. Her hair was in a messy high ponytail with her slim body pressed against mine. I didn't mind the weight on me every night, especially if it made her feel more comfortable to lay with me like this.