Chapter 38: Fourth of July

Diary Entry from Pete Wentz' POV

I get ready and go to the Way household. I get there and open the door, I see Mikey on the couch with the baby. I say "Hi"

Mikey says "Hey do you want to hold her?"

I say "Is she sleeping?"

Mikey says "I'm trying to get her to sleep but she wouldn't go down. Maybe you could try.?"

I say "Sure." Mikey then hands her to me and I rock her. Then she falls asleep and I take her upstairs. I say "Wow, I like being a parent. So how is Patrick handling it?"

Mikey says "Patrick likes it as well, but he is a little hesitant, that he is going to break her."

I say "I can understand that because I was nervous the first time I held a baby."

Mikey says "How did you get better?"

I say "My sister has a baby so I would practice on my niece."

Mikey says "So you get the perk of having a really older sister."

I say "Hey my sister is only 9 years older than me"

Mikey says "My brother is only 2 years older than me"

I say "You and G are actually blood brothers. Me and Hillary are adopted. We are legally siblings but we aren't siblings by blood, so we were raised at the same time. I am 18 and Hillary is almost 37"

Mikey says "That is true."

I says "How are you and Patrick?"

Mikey says "Tired but we still love each other and little miss thing with a chicken wing."

I say "What the hell does that mean?"

Mikey says "I thought of it while I was rocking her to sleep."

I say "Hey when is the earliest you can take out a baby."

Mikey says "Like 6 weeks to 8 weeks"

I say "Well I feel bad because I wanted to invite you to my 4th of July party."

Mikey says "Maybe next year."

I say "Why don't I cancel it and spend some time with you guys instead."

Mikey says "You don't have t-"

I say "Of course, I'm not going to spending time with her because I wanted to hang out with my friends who are also dads, we all could go spend time with our families."

Mikey says "This is so sweet. It would be fine."

I say "I was staying either way." Mikey laughs and walks away. I just sit and watch tv, then Patrick walks downstairs. I say "Hi Lunchbox"

He says "Hi, also how'd you get in here?"

I say "I have a key, and Mikes didn't kick me out, so I stayed and rocked Eva a little. I'm going to spend fourth of July here with you guys."

Patrick says "Mikey said you could" I nod and he says "That would nice to talk again."

---------------------------------------------------------

Time skip to later 

I walk outside and Frank is grilling. I say "What are we having?"

Frank says "Grilled veggies and tofu dogs cause we're so American."

I say "Great." 

Frank says "Tell your baby daddy to buy food that everyone is willing to eat."