Chapter 47: Another person's life

Diary Entry from Awsten Wigington's POV

I wake up, then get a braxton hick and say "Okay, what the hell Lilo. Its early, kid." I then get ready and go downstairs. Once I was downstairs, I see Geoff making breakfast and getting Rory ready for the day, so I wouldn't have to.

I say "Thanks honey, you didn't have to do any of this."

Geoff says "I wanted to, you're really pregnant and you get those braxton hick things. So its gotten a lot harder to do things. Also I got my shifts moved later so I can help in the mornings."

I say "When do you go in?"

Geoff says "9 am instead of 7 am. So I get off later but it means, that'll be able to help you in the morning as well."

I say "So you get off at 5 instead of 3? Which means that'll I have to be on my own when I'm making dinner."

Geoff says "Sadly but my boss says since I am doing such a great job, I might get another change so that I get off an hour earlier."

I say "We'll talk about this when you get home from work. Now go, you're gonna be late."

Geoff says "It's only 8:09, I don't have to leave until 8:30."

I say "But think about traffic." He nods and heads out the door, I then sit down and look at Rory, who just sits on my lap and as she finishes breakfast.

Then Rory gets off and put her plate on the table. Then she runs and goes play with her toys, I then get up and get some breakfast since I'm starving. I then look at the clock its 9:18 and we needed to leave 13 minutes ago. I then put flip flops and grab Rory off the floor, then race to the car and we drive to the appointment.

I then rush to get out Rory out of her seat and then I realise that she has no shoes on. I then just go inside and sign in. We get called in and the doctor says "Hey Awsten and little miss Rory. How are you guys?"

I say "We are really busy and my husband is always making decisions without talking to me about them."

She says "What happened?" I then tell her about what happened this morning and we then start the appointment. About 5 minutes, she says "So the baby is healthy and she is already in position."

I say "Okay how would I know what a real contraction is and a braxton hick?"

She says "Braxton hicks feel like a tightening sensetations and a real contractions, they will occur at a regular time intervals, and they will get stronger with time."

I say "Okay, can I get a picture of her."

Rory says "What the hell is that?"

I say "That's your baby sister."

Rory says "She looks like an alien."

I say "She'll look different when she's born."

The doctor says "Okay, Awsten, I'll see you at 34 weeks right."