Chapter 37: I don't know what the hell this is

Diary Entry from Awsten Wigington's POV

Today is Geoff's birthday and I have nothing planned. I thought that we would have time to think of something but we have been really busy with paperwork to finalise Rory's adoption. I get up and its 12:47 pm. I have been really tired recently and its really weird because I go to sleep at like 10 pm and wake up around 11 or 12. I don't even care right now. I look over and see Rory, I notice that she is watching Geoff's phone. I say "What are you doing child?"

Rory says "Duck gave me phone."

I say "Were is Duck?" She shrugged her shoulders. I get up and get ready for the day. Rory says "What is you doing?"

I say "Getting ready." She nods and walks out the bathroom. I then finish getting ready and go to the kitchen, I haven't seen Geoff yet. I say "Rory have you had lunch yet?"

Rory says "No." I nod and start making something. When I finish I give it to her and she just eats everything. I finish eating and I watch tv with her. Then around 2, I clean the house while Rory naps on the couch. I then hear Rory crying and I run downstairs. I see she fell and I say "Its okay." She just wraps her arms around me and I hug her a little. Then I put more tv on.

Around 7 pm, Geoff walks in and says "We are legally Rory's parents now."

I say "We are. Like she is Forare Violet Wigington."

He says "I haven't gotten to change her name because they say she has to be 13 to do that. But she could be a Wigington at school."

I say "Well we are legally her parents."

He says "Yes." I just hug Geoff tightly and then I kiss him. Rory comes up to us and says "Why is Awsten crying?"

I say "Something happy happened." I pick her up and she says "What happy"

I say "We adopted you." She raised her eyebrow and says "Didn't you already?"

I say "No we fostered you"

She says "What mean that?"

I say "So the government wanted us to keep you until someone wanted to love you forever."

She says "Will you?"

I say "Will I what Roar?"

She says "Love me?"

I say "Me, Duck and Lilo will love you for forever." She hugged me and I hugged her back. Geoff says "What did you do?"

I say "I just told her that we adopted her." Geoff comes up and hugged us. He sits down and we watch tv until Rory fell asleep. We put her in her bed and we put on something else. 

Geoff says "So do really think that 2 kids and minium wage is going to work."

I say "Yes because we are going to work our asses off."

Geoff says "I'm going to trust you on this one." I peck his lips and I go to bed because its late.

A/N - Its late and I should sleep. Also this chapter sucked because I don't know how to write at all.