Genya Shinazugawa |Fear

It was painfully obvious that Genya likes you, a simple smile from you and he was already a blushing mess, a simple tap from you and he would flinch, he can't even make a proper eye contact to you without getting flustered, hell he can't even last a minute bask in your presence.

honestly, you also like him but you don't have the confidence to confess, you were afraid to take the risk, you and Genya were good friends and if ever you two start to date and later on broke up, your friendship would surely perish.

your friends, watching the two of you deny and hide each others feelings decided to help the two of you. so for a couple of days, Tanjiro and the others took turns to convince you to confess while they drop hints to Genya about love or whatsoever.

"Come on (Y/N)-chan, you know he'll never reject you" Tanjiro said as he convince you for the last few days.

"I know but what if we don't work out then we'll be awkward around each other" you reasoned out, keeping your stand. 

"how will you know if you don't try?" Tanjiro said, as it made you think

"...that's true but..." 

"(Y/N)-chan, don't think of too much ahead of the future, just enjoy what you have now, if you continue to deny the opportunity you have now you might regret it later" Tanjiro said, making you realize the pain it would cause you if you saw him with another woman.

"I see, thank you Tanjiro!" you said as you smile and you stand up to look for Genya. you ran around the estate to look for the demon slayer, your heart actually beating so fast. spotting him walking along the hallway, you sprint towards him and jump on his back, making him stumble but quickly regain his balance.

"The hell (Y/N)! I told you stop doing that thing" he said as he refuse to look at you, but his ears were clearly red.

"I can't help it, it's so much fun" you childishly said as you wrap your hands around his neck. Genya began to walk while holding your weight.

"Genya, I actually want to tell you something" you seriously said as he stop walking, about to let you down.

"Don't put me down! and don't look at me, keep facing front!" you demanded as you tightly hold on his shoulder.

"Okay okay, geez just say what you want to say" He said as he keep facing in front while you were on a piggy back.

"I love you" you whispered near his ear after contemplating what to say but ended up being direct instead.

"..."

a minute of silence passed and there was no repose from him, tears gathering on your eyes you get down from his back and bowed, trying to keep the tears from falling.

"...I'm sorry, did I assume that you also like me?...It's so embarrassing I'm sorry please forget what happened!"as you tried to ran away Genya took hold of your wrist and turn you around as he place his lips on yours. your eyes widening at the sudden contact.

"you idiot, I love you alright.....for a really long time" he whispered near your ear as the two of you blush. with no word left to say you just engulf him with a big hug, tears of joy now falling.

"what took you so long to respond?" you mumbled as you hug him tighter.

"It's the first time someone confess to me, how do you think I would react, it's not like we get training in situations like this" he embarrassingly said as he place his chin on top of your head.

"besides I was actually planning on confessing first, you competently ruined my plan" he added that made you chuckled. 

"you idiot" 

contrary to what you feared, You and Genya never broke up, yes it was not a perfect relationship, you argue a lot but still you two made sure that you make up at the end of the day.