Rui |I'll Protect You

Requested by MistyBop

"Drink these and join my family (Y/N)" Rui said as he handed you his blood, which you gladly took and drink.

Ever since that day you were grateful of Rui for taking you in when you have nowhere to go, he gave you friends or rather a family. You become Rui's older Sister, though you like everyone you genuinely like Rui as if he was your younger brother, it occurs to you that maybe when you where human you had a younger brother like Rui.

"Rui where should we go next?" you asked as you walk in front of him, you and Rui were returning to Mt. Natagumo after he was summoned to the lower moon meeting. Rui often brought you along with him whenever he leave the mountain, although he would never admit it, You were Rui's favorite.

"Rui?" you asked again after he didn't answer, when you look back he was staring at a family happily walking together, the father was holding his son's hand while the mother hold the other. 

Rui was staring at them with a rather indescribable expression on his face, but it somehow makes your heart ache.

"Rui, come here" you gently called as he finally snapped out of his gaze to the family to look at you. you where smiling at him while you extend you hand towards him.

"what is this for?" he asked staring at your extended hand.

"as you older sister it's my job to take care of you, come on take my hand" you cheerfully said as you urge him to take your hand, Rui look at your hand then to the family earlier, carefully, he took your hand and you intertwined it together.

"see, it's more fine like these right?" 

Rui didn't answer and instead try to understand the warmth he was feeling, he was strong but somehow being with you and holding your hand made him feel secure and protected, he definitely like this feeling.

To Rui your bond with him was much more stronger than the rest, when you where around he somehow forget the feeling of emptiness. 

'Please be safe' You thought as you ran around the mountain looking for Rui, your pretend mother, father, and older brother were all dead, and you've been worrying about Rui, you know he was strong, stronger than you but you just can't shake this feeling in your heart to go and protect him.

maybe it was an instinct, a feeling of nostalgia, when you were human you can't protect your brother and now that you become a little stronger and had a little brother to protect, your resolve just got stronger.

"That's Impossible! One More Time!" hearing Rui's voice you ran faster and sure enough there he was, his hands bloodied and a demon slayer coming towards him.

"RUI!" without thinking your body move on it's own and tackled him close to you, shielding him from the demon slayer with your back. 

before he could react, your head was separated from your body and you collapse to the ground.

"(Y/N)..." he whispered as he process what just happened, he immediately cradled your head next to him.

'I'll protect you no matter what happens Rui' 

tears gathered on his eyes as he remembered your words, your expression on that day as you promised to protect him just like what older sisters do. he payed no mind to your words that day but deep inside he was really happy, after all he was strong and no one could protect him anymore, but there you were weaker and fragile than him sacrificing your life for him.

Rui was about to stand up but his head was already separated from his body, his body manage to walk and find yours, as it collapse next to your already disappearing body, Rui gently took hold of your hand and intertwined it together, both of your heads were next to each other.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you" he said as he stare at your eyes, with one last look you smiled so warmly at him before you disappeared along with your body.

as he slowly disappear his memories as a human start to come back to him one by one, he regretted his action and apologize, as he was feeling grief Tanjiro gently pat his back. Tanjiro's hands were gentle as the sunlight, just like yours.

"I take back what I said earlier.....your bond with her, it's not forge it's a genuine bond" Tanjiro suddenly said to him right before he disappear.

Rui already accepted his fate, he will be all alone in hell, but his father and mother's voice snapped him back and he came back to what he look like when he was human. 

"Rui, no matter where you go, we'll be with you" his mother gently said

"along with your new older sister" his father added, confuse to what they mean, his parents step aside and you were there shyly standing.

though you look different when you were demon, Rui could recognize you, with tears on his eyes he ran towards you and embrace you tightly.

"It's all my fault, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." he repeatedly said as you return his embrace.

"From now on, we'll always be together Rui"