Obanai Iguro |Remember me

Requested by Lunatic_Sinner

Hanahaki Disease - an illness born from unrequited love, where the patient's throat will fill up with flower, they will then proceed to throw, and cough out the petals, (sometimes even the flowers). One of the only ways for the disease to 'disappear' is if, the said person returns the feeling (it can't be resolved with friendship, it has to be genuine feelings of love). The infection can also be removed through surgery, though the feelings disappear along with the petals. If they choose neither options, or the feeling is not returned in time, then the patient's lungs will fill up with flowers, and will eventually suffocate. (Urban Dictionary)

~*~

"What do you think she will like? this one or this one?" Obanai asked as he showed you two socks with different patterns, it would have been perfect if only he was not asking your opinion which gift he would give to Mitsuri.

"this striped socks would be better, so now your matching" you cheerfully said despite your heart aching, but you somehow got used to the pain.

"That's a good idea, Thanks"he said as he turn around and leave muttering some words he probably want to say to Mitsuri. 

As you watch him sadly, your feet suddenly move on it's own, before you know it you were running after the snake pillar. when you reach him you took hold of his Haori to make him stop which he did.

"(Y/N)? did you change your mind? was the other one better?" he said as he look at you worriedly, you just can't help but smile sadly at him which he didn't notice, everyday every time all he thinks about is Mitsuri.

The pain you felt all this years started pile up one after the other, and like everyone else you reach your limits. after finding out you had the hanahaki  disease you decided that it would be fine to die alone, as long as you die loving Obanai. 

But was it worth it? dying for someone who would never do the same? you started to think and weight your options, maybe it was for the best but one day, something click and suddenly boom! you made up your mind.

"no, just wanted to say good bye" you said as you pull away your hand away from him and smiling as wide and brightly  as you can. 

"oh I see, see you (Y/N)" he said as he turn around to leave again you can't help but watch him leave all over again.

"Obanai!" you called as he turn around at the mention of his name, as he turn around he was startled as he felt your body slam on him. you were hugging him, your arms wrap around his body tightly.

He was so startled that he can't move his hand to hug you back but for some reason his heart was beating so fast, faster than whenever he saw Mitsuri. but before he can react you immediately pulled back with  a wide smile than he normally see.

"whats wrong with you?" he asked 

"nothing, well see you Iguro~ until next time" you said as you disappear as quickly as you hug him. Obanai then left and went to find Mitsuri with a somewhat heavy heart.

that day you get surgery and had the flowers growing inside you remove, at the same time forgetting all your memories and feelings for Obanai. The next day, Oyakata-sama called for a meeting and as the Pillars gather one by one, you never showed up.

as everyone was wondering where are you, Oyakata-sama entered and look dejectedly than usual. so as they sat down, he slowly explained that you had retired and leave the demon slayers, no one really knows the reason but you wanted them to believe that you got tired of being a demon slayer and wanted nothing but a normal life.

As he listened for the words that left Oyakata-sama's mouth he felt his heart drop. there's no way you would leave without telling him. there's just no way so as soon as the mission was over he quickly ran towards your house. but he was greeted with dead silence.

"tch!" he gritted his teeth as he felt his heart painfully yearn for you as he opened every door inside the house hoping to find you. but it was too late.

as he ran inside the house, memories of you together flash before his eyes. it was you that was always around him. It was you that he opened his heart to, it was your that tolerated his attitude, you were never disgusted with him, you were always there.

but how can he have this feelings now of all times, now that you were gone without a trace. Obanai stop on his tracts as he found a neatly wrap box on your bed with a letter glued to the box. 

slowly he approached the letter,feeling dreadful of what he may read or find. with trembling hands he pick up the letter and as he read the contents he wanted nothing but to turn back time and do it all over again.

he wanted to scream and cry but he was in to much shock and pain to do anything, tears can't even fall down his eyes. it was as if he whole body had been paralyze. all he realize was it was already too late.

Sorry I left, This is how love is suppose to be

even if it hurts, I wanted to smile all the time for you.

Because if one day I was gone

I want you to remember me SMILING.

~*~

If you know where I got the idea of the quote, let's be friends hehe~