Giyu Tomioka | The Sun and the Moon

A/n: I Know I said I've completed this book but I check the request page and saw your requests. I feel bad for not being able to write them so I'll try to do some from time to time.

This was requested on December 31, 2020, by @anime_angstpovs , I change the request a little bit hope you don't mind.

P.S. I know it's been 3 months, But it was around that time I went into a deep slumber hahaha

~*~

It was such a wonder how humans can easily change their minds in a matter of seconds, our brain probably readily reacts to change immediately, or maybe that was just part of a human's nature.

Giyu stares at the beautiful bright light on the night sky, just a few months ago that same moon was his constant reminder that there's hope.

"Did you know the moon doesn't have its light?" you wondered out loud on one of the nights you and Giyu would just randomly stare at the moon. The water pillar took his eyes off the moon to glance at you, your head comfortably resting on his shoulder.

Eyes still lost on the bright orb, you continued. "it's just actually the sunlight reflecting on the moon's surface"

"where did you hear that?" He asked

"I read it, somewhere" you took your eyes off the moon and turned to Giyu. flashing him a smile that can rival the bright moonlight. a sight he will remember for as long as he lives.

The moon is white, a beautiful light that shines through the night, but do you know what makes the moon so beautiful? it's the fact that it's so giving but no one seems to pay attention to it. you see, The moon doesn't shine by itself, it takes only what it requires on the sun, then reflects it to us, without asking for anything in return.

"Hey, oyakata-sama said there'll be a full moon next week, we have to see it!" you excitedly said, almost jumping up and down as you two walk side by side.

"Sure" he mumbled, the slightest smile present on his face as he slides his hand into yours, intertwining your fingers together, while you giggled at him in response.

"Don't forget about it! we need to watch it together!"

Giyu was your moon, he surrounds himself with darkness, accepting a life of solidarity but you knew the kindness he tries to hide from others, the kindness you saw with your own eyes and feel with your own heart.

To Giyu you were his sun, you brought him and everyone around you joy and warmth. you were his source of strength and motivation, the things he can sacrifice and do for you would be beyond the moon and back.

"Y/n" he called quietly one night, the cold air brushing against his skin as the moon shines to the two of you as if mocking him for believing there's hope.

Instead of the usual loud and cheery response he gets, all he got was a gasp of air. a blade sticking out your right chest, through your heart, blood, scars, and bruises covering your skin as you grip the blade with your hands.

but above everything, the one thing that broke his heart was at the end of that blade, it was him holding it. he was trembling, too shocked to process everything that was happening.

He wanted to pull back the sword but you grip it harder with your bare hands, plunging it deeper into your heart.

"Y/n! stop it!" he yelled, begging you, begging the gods or whoever is listening, all he was asking for is a miracle.

"I..don't want to turn...like them" you manage to say between gasp, your breathing becoming hard as blood splutters out your mouth. at this point, tears were falling on both your eyes. but nothing can compare to the pain he felt at the realization of what you're asking of him.

"I can't..." he sobbed, his hand still gripping the end of the sword. your eyes softening slightly at the sight but a jolt of reality hit you as you felt the demon blood taking over.

you move your hand from the blade to his, enveloping his so much bigger hands in yours, he jerks his head towards you, his tears uncontrollably falling. Giyu's eyes widen as he watches you smile, the moonlight hitting you differently than the last time, but his memory of you smiling so brightly at him surfaces from his mind.

"please Giyu... I'm tired"

sadly, the Sun and the moon can't be present at the same time, just like light and dark, yin and yang, some things are just not meant to coexist at the same time.

With all his will, he had made his decision, for one last time he leaned down and place a kiss on your forehead. before pulling the sword from your chest, causing you to bleed to death.

Before you hit the ground, Giyu catches you, enveloping you in his arms before placing your head on his lap.

"I love you y/n" he gently mumbled as he places his palm on your cheeks brushing away the tears, blood, and dirt that covers your beautiful face.

"I love you, sorry I can't watch the moon with you anymore" you manage to quietly mumbled, as you put your hand to reach for Giyu's cheeks to brush away his tears, but you never made it as your eyes finally close and your hand falls.

He tried moving on, he really did, but no matter how much he kept acting like everything's okay, The moon cannot shine without the sun, after all.

Now that he stares at the moon all it reminded him was its reflection on your eyes as it loses its shine.