Kaigaku |Strange

WARNING! Manga spoiler alert.

Requested by 

It was weird, for him your very existence was very weird, Kaigaku based his morality whether the person agree with him or not, but you manage to broke this kind thinking. whenever he did something you would agree with him that he was right but later on lecture him about it.

You confuse him so much that he started feeling something he never felt before, how could another disciple of Jigoro and even weaker than Zenitsu, can make him feel this way.

"You're so weak, you disgust me" Kaigaku angrily said to Zenitsu, as he kick the poor boy.

"Stop it!" you intervened as you go between the two of them, shielding Zenitsu from him, for some reason this irritates him.

"Move it" he coldly said as he attempt to move pass you. however, you were stubborn, you immediately wrap your hands around his waist to keep him.

"Go on Zenitsu, I'll talk to him" you gently said to the blond as you slightly turned your head around and smiled at him. Zenitsu looks hesitant at first but gladly run away as you look so calm because you know Kaigaku would never hurt you.

"That bastard got away, you always baby him that's why his so weak" he said as you let him go, making him disappointed a little bit. with is rude remark he expected you to be mad at him and take Zenitsu's side, but he though otherwise.

"Yeah his still weak, I'm sure he won't be able to beat you on a 1 on 1..." you agreed to him, making him quiet as he didn't know what to say.

"..so don't bully him anymore, okay" you added as you smiled so wide, making his heart skip a beat, it was always like this, you were so nice that he can't bring himself to tell you off or be rude to you.

"yeah yeah whatever" he said as he turned around and leave.

for him you very existence was unnatural, how could someone be nice after experiencing something so horrifying, he always questioned how could you, a human being take pity to the demons who ate and murdered your family.

'They're also once humans you know, I'm sure they had there own reasons'

you kindly answered once, when he asked you. he found it ridiculous but coming from you it made him think for a little bit.

"hey I heard he mastered the 2nd to sixth form but not the first form" 

"he must not be that great maybe...." the other demon slayers  gossip, which of coarse was left unheard by Kaigaku"

Kaigaku clench his fist and he was about to yell and beat the ass out of the demon slayers when you interrupted them.

"HEY! That's not nice to say, you should say that after you mastered your own breathing techniques" you scold the demon slayers as they repeatedly apologize. Kaigaku watch in the distance as he watch you took his side again, his irritation subsiding as he watch you getting angry in his place.

~*~

"HURRY AND RUN! MONSTERS ARE ATTACKING!" a villager shouted as he evacuate his own family. while you were catching your breath and holding a broken blade taking a fighting stance in front of the demon. 

The demon swing his claws destroying the village, you quickly dodge despite your body aching all over, you were still a demon slayer after all,  despite being weaker that Zenitsu and Kaigaku. 

you collapse as you loose feelings in your legs , you desperately tried to stand up but you didn't manage to even move from the spot. as the demons approached you, you were shaking all over, scared and cold at the same time.

you close your eyes as the demon swing his claws but instead of feeling pain you felt the cold wind brush against your skin, you opened your eyes and you saw Kaigaku had carried you just in time.

"Kaigaku! your arm!" you said horrified as you saw his arm bleeding, a long cut grazing it.

"tch don't worry about me and worry about yourself a little bit" he scolded as he put you down in a safe place to fight the demon, you watch him as he fight magnificently. 

"Kaigaku!" you shouted as he was blasted away. colliding to the walls of the houses, it was faint but he did hear some bone crack.

'This demon is bad news, I should run away' 

was what he was thinking, but his body continued to take a fighting stance and fight the demon. more than anything, Kaigaku respect the strong, and right now he knew that the demon was stronger than him, he was supposed to run for his survival but his body refuse to follow his mind or was it his heart?

the moment his eyes lands on you, the demon about to lunge it's claw to you his body moves on it's own and faster than any time his been, he was right in front of you in a second engulfing you on his chest as he points his back towards the demon so he would take all the damage.

it was strange, your very existence was strange, his life, his survival should be his priority, he lived until now because he valued his life more than anything, but here he was, sacrificing his life for you. 

he felt your tight grip on his uniform but not the demon, when he opened his eyes, the demon was burning as the sun showed itself. relief flood both of your eyes as you refuse to part away from him.

after a minute you leaned back and you were crying, it was the first time Kaigaku had seen you crying and he felt a tugged on his heart as his body beg him to do something. quietly, he pat your head with his big hand, making you stop crying from the warmth he gives.

"Don't cry and smile that were both alive" he said as he look away a tint of blush adorning his cheeks, you also blush in return as it was the first time Kaigaku had another expression on his face.

"Thank you Kaigaku" you said as you gently smiled as him, the sun making you look like a different person as the sun shine on you.

"come on, get on my back" he said as he turned around and to let you ride on his back, as he was carrying you back to the house you fell asleep. 

"you really are a strange person (Y/N)" he whispered as a slight genuine smile made on his face as he remembered your smiling face warming his heart.