Zenitsu Agatsuma |Courage

Requested by louna4700

"come on Zenitsu! You can do it!" Tanjiro encourage as he and Inosuke push him towards you.

"huh? Zenitsu?" you called as you saw him stumble in front of you after Tanjiro and Inosuke push him.

"(Y/N)-chan" he shyly said as he stiffly stand up and scratch the back of his head.

"what's wrong?" you asked, tilting you head slightly, Zenitsu almost lost it on how cute you look.

"I..I..I want...to..te-tell you SOMETHING" he suddenly burst out. you were startled a bit but played it off coolly. 

"what is it?" you asked anticipating his answer. 

"I..I..I.Li..Like yo--YOGURT" 

"Yogurt?" 

"SORRY!" then he suddenly ran away. 

Normally, Zenitsu was confident when it comes to confessing to girls, but when it comes to you he get fidgety and scared whenever he thinks of confessing to you, what if you reject him and you stay away from him, he won't be able to take it.

but to you, it was painfully obvious he likes you, you actually find him adorable and you like him back, you're just waiting for Zenitsu to ask you out first, of course Tanjiro and Inosuke knew about it, that is why they were helping Zenitsu out. 

"It's okay Zenitsu, we can try again another time" Tanjiro comforted to his sulking friend on the corner of the room.

"whaaa! I can't do it Tanjiro" Zenitsu muttered as a depressing aura surround him, but Taanjiro being the sweet friend he is continued to comfort his friend.

"If you can't do it personally, why don't you try writing a letter instead?" Tanjiro suggested as he sweetly smiled at his friend, when Zenitsu look up he could practically see lights glowing around Tanjiro as he super duper like the idea,

"you're a genius Tanjiro! I'll go write now Thank you very much!" Zenitsu enthusiastically said as he quickly ran away to write a few love letters.

A few hours later.

"ahhh this is too hard" Zenitsu whined as he crumpled another paper and toss it to the trashcan where a pile of crumpled paper pile up.

"What should I write" he ponder as he slump on the desk staring at the air thinking deeply to find the write words to write.

"...Maybe I should just  give up...it's not like she'll like me back" Zenitsu muttered as his slowly closed, a little bit later, soft snores echoes in the room. 

It was already dark outside when Zenitsu woke up, his back sore from sleeping slump on the desk, he stretch he body and took a deep sigh as he look down on the piece of paper, it was clean with no words written. 

"Zenitsu" a soft voice called, Zenitsu was startled but soon calm down as he turn around to see you.

"(Y/N)-chan, what were you doing here?" he asked 

"I happen to pass by...Did you have a god sleep ?" you asked walking towards him, Zenitsu quickly realize what he were doing and quickly took the the paper and hide it behind his back.

"I..I..I did have good sleep....how did you know I was sleeping?" he asked 

"hmmm I've been here for a while" you said as you pick up the crumpled paper on the ground and was about to open it but Zenitsu quickly snatch it away along with the other crumpled paper and guard it as if it was something so precious.

"what were you writing? " you asked smiling knowingly as him, the truth is you knew he was writing a letter for you, since it was you who suggested it to Tanjiro in the first place.

"no-nothing" he stammered as he look flustered just standing with you alone in a room.

"really? then....I'll take my leave you go ahead and take a rest" you said as you were about to leave the room, but before you could slide open the door, Zenitsu grab your wrist and turned you around to face him.

"what is it?" you asked feeling giddily as you expect him to confess already after trying and failing for weeks.

"I...I..you...I..really really...li--lik--like..yo...yo..YOGURT!" he blurted out after summering , your shoulders slump, disappointed that he didn't confess. 

"Zenitsu.." you whispered which he flinch at, you took a sigh as you suddenly hold him on both his shoulders so he won't escape again.

"why can't you just be honest with your feelings? you make me jealous you know, you always confidently confess your love for other girls but you can't even confess to me" you muttered, pouting slightly.

"co--confess to you?!" he embarrassingly  said as he look around but not at you. 

"I want to hear it from you first but who cares" you muttered as you cupped both his cheeks and kiss him, his lips feels so soft as Zenitsu relax at your touch. 

the two of you parted and Zenitsu slightly tilt his head to deepen the kiss, this time it was him who lead the kiss, his kiss turned more rough as time pass by, Zenitsu even dared to bit your lower lip, he was about to enter his tongue but you leaned back and covered your blushing face.

"you--you idiot! let's take it slow okay?" you said covering your blushing face with the back of your hand.

"Sorry! I..I just wanted to do that for a long time" he said as he bowed apologizing, but the truth was he just wanted to hid his blushing face too. 

"It's okay I guess" 

"by the way..does this mean that..were.. dating?" Zenitsu asked rather innocently.

"of course we are! so don't dare throwing yourself and confessing to anyone" you said as you cross your arms, but a small smile lingering on your face.

"Of course not, (Y/N)-chan would always be the one for me" he confidently said, if only he just confess sooner. 

"by the way, I like this one better" you said as you handed him the crumpled paper

"ehh! " Zenitsu almost faint when he read the content's of the paper, even though he was the one who wrote it, he was not planning on giving it to you anyway, but now that you've seen it he wanted to crawl on the ground.

'I want to be the lightning between your thunder tights' 

those were the words he wrote and the moment you read it he felt his body left his soul.

"Don't be embarrassed, I've read them all when you were sleeping" you said as you chuckled at his expression. he just wanted to let the ground swallow him now. 

-  To love you need courage  -

PS. I found the pick up line on google , credits whoever created it.^-^

P.S.S I corrected the word 'sucking' to 'sulking', I didn't notice it until you guys commented on it