Muichiro Tokito | Don't Cry

WARNING! ANGST AHEAD and SLIGHT MANGA SPOILER

requested by -VERIFIEDLONER

sorry, I didn't see your second comment, So it was not AU, Sorry

~*~

When Muichiro was taken in to become a demon slayer at the same time loosing his memory, he was so lost in life, not remembering who he is took a huge toll on him, he become distant and rude to others, but at lease there was one person who never have up on him.

When Muichiro was new to the demon slayer and he was still lacking in experience, you were 2 years older than him and being a Pillar you took the initiative to train him, he didn't mind as long he can become stronger. you would took him during your missions to let him experience real combat. 

Muichiro took a stance and swiftly thrust to the demon, it was a clean cut but the demon manage to regenerate his head back, it was about to lunge at Muichiro but you quickly intervene and skillfully cutted it's head, completely crumbling to the ground. 

"You okay?" you asked Muichiro who was looking at you with admiration. 

"don't worry, you actually did a good job, you're stronger that you think" you smiled at him as you offered him your hand.

he gladly took it and you two go back home, that day, Muichiro never forgot the sight of you skillfully saving him and smiling so brightly at him, he took this as an inspiration to become stronger.

"Muichiro, you're working too hard, look at your hands!" you lectured as you wrap his hands with bandages. 

"It's no big deal, it's just a cut" he coldly said as he look at the newly wrap bandages. he took his sword again to practice but you snatch it away from him.

"you've train enough for today...come here and rest" you patted the spot next to you, Muichiro hesitantly oblige and took a seat. smiling to yourself you force him down your lap while playing with his hair, all exhaustion creeping up to  his body as soon as his head rested to your lap.

"you've grown stronger Muichiro" you suddenly spoke, Muichiro closed his eyes as he listen to your heartbeat, everyday, after training you would compliment him and say that he become stronger.

If only he gotten stronger just like you always say, then why can't he save the one person he wanted to protect so badly.  

"I want to take you with me, but it's quite dangerous this time, so stay here for now okay?" you said as you pat his head, which he just stares at you.

you were about to leave but Muichiro tugged the hem of your uniform, when you turned around he suddenly embrace you tightly, like he was holding on for dear life.

"Come back" he muttered which made you smile at.

"don't worry, I'll make sure to come back like I always do" you assured him as you return his embrace, then leave for the mission.

If only he knew, at that time, he should have come with you or at least stop you from going, he should have hold on to your hand so tightly and made sure you stayed with him. 

"the upper moon one?!" 

as soon as he heard that your mission involved an upper demon, his feet move on it's own to follow you, despite breaking the rules, he continued to ran, faster than he ever been, his has nothing on his mind but to come to your rescue immediately.

He arrive to the village, you were supposedly to protect, but the houses were all burning and broken. he search for you endlessly, even the rubles, the burning houses, he was trembling but all he wanted was to see you alive and smiling at him.

as the sun rises, he stop dead on his tracks as his eyes catch glimpse of something red, gulping he turned his head to the side, and sure it is you were on the ground with a pool of your own blood. 

"(Y/N)-chan!" he called as he ran towards you, cradling your head on his lap, as he check your vitals.

upon hearing his voice you slowly opened your eyes, meeting his glossy mint eyes you smiled at him, coughing at the process as it was getting hard to breath.

"Hold on for a little longer, help would surely come" he panic as he can't hold his tears anymore, with all your strength you put up your hand to wipe away his tears, and with one big exhale you manage to smile at him one last time.

"you're...strong...so don't cry" 

it was  your last words as your hand go limp, Muichiro stare at you, not believing what was happening, you always save him when he was in trouble but he can't even do a single thing to help you. he cradles you close to him as he sob and cried until other demon slayers arrive.

after that day, Muichiro further distance himself from others, he become cold and rude, refusing to show his emotion, he use the memories he had with you to become stronger and in just two months he become a pillar, taking in the vacant spot you left. 

Even after he remembers his memories he never forget you, he would always visit your grave and tells you stories about his missions. 

then the fateful day comes, during the dimensional infinity fortress, he stumbled upon the upper moon one, the demon he look for all this time.

"You!" he coldly said as he tightly grip his sword, and angrily swinging his sword to the demon. with so much difference in their strength, Muichiro was bound to loose. 

"It seems like you have a personal grudge against me?" The demon said making Muichiro grit his teeth in anger.

"...now I remember, a Mist pillar glared at me like that back then...it was unfortunate, I was not able to devour her, since the sun came up" this words was all it took for Muichiro to burst in anger and with a new found power he took his sword again, the sword that previously belongs to you.

and as we all knew how the battle ended, with the sacrifice of two lives they were able to defeat the upper demon one, including Muichiro.

As Muichiro meet his brother again, his brother brought him to another place and there a woman was seating, her back turned towards him, but even in a distance, Muichiro could recognize her. 

Again, with all his strength, he ran towards you, like he did back then, when he was in front of you, instead of a smiling face you were crying, making him feel bad as he embrace you immediately.

"You idiot, why did you toss away your life like that?" you sob on his chest as he pulled back to see your face properly.

"I miss you too (Y/N)-chan" he said as he wipe away your tears.

"Muichiro..." you sob harder as he look different from what you used to remember, the kid that used to follow you around now seems to capable.

"It's okay..so don't cry (Y/N)-chan"