Sabito | He will come Back

Requested by MV_VILLARAIZ

"Sabito! Giyu! take a break and eat!" you called as you put down a basket filled with various food. 

Everyday you would hike up the mountain where the two pupils of your grandpa trains for the last few years. it has always been your job to cook and feed these two. 

"Thank you (Y/N)" Sabito said as he plomp down on the ground and smiled at you.

"Thanks for the food" Giyu muttered as he start to dig in. 

"Hehe welcome"

"oh theirs a lot of food than usual" Sabito said as he notice the unusual amount of food spread for them. the amount was drastically tripled than the usual they eat.

"...well it's the last time after all" you sadly muttered as you look down the ground, Sabito quickly noticing it.

"this is like the last supper, are you saying good bye to us?" Sabito playfully said but it didn't rise up your mood at all.

"what with that face? and what do you mean last time" he said as he stride towards you and pinch both of your cheeks causing you to pout in protest, which he chuckled at.

"Tomorrow you and Giyu are going to enter the Final Selection, once you become a demon slayer, you won't be coming here anymore" you sadly muttered, feeling depressed all of a sudden. 

"bakaaa! it's true we won't be home but we'll visit frequently, right Giyu?" he said as he continue to pinch both of your cheeks. 

"Yeah, you cook the best Salmon" Giyu said as he warmly smiled at you, continuing to eat his favorite Salmon. 

"That's right, we've been eating your food for years. I'll sure miss you cooking" he said as he also smiled down at you, the only thing you cay say was: it was warm, Sabito's smile was warm. 

"thank you Sabito!" you beamed as you smile so widely at him.

and so, the three of you spend the rest of the afternoon like usual. fooling around made you forget the dread of tomorrow, Sabito and Giyu going on the Final Selection was the thing you were scared of. 

your grandpa had trained a lot of demon slayers, and after spending time with his apprentices you befriend them but as they all enter the Final Selection, no one would return. so you can't help but be anxious and scared for Sabito and Giyu especially since they are more special to you. 

but no matter how much you worried, the day of there departure has come. 

"Good luck to both of you" you said trying to sound cheerful as much as possible, but your sad eyes didn't escape Sabito's gaze. while Giyu and your grandpa were busy saying farewell, Sabito took the chance to talk to you.

"you have to return no matter what, okay?" you muttered as you stare at his lavender eyes. 

"(Y/N), I promise I'll come back to you no matter what. you know I don't go back on my words, so you better prepare to welcome me" he softly said as he place a lingering kiss on your forehead and smiled to you one more time before pulling his mask down. 

"I'll be here" 

today mark the end of the Final Selection, 7 days had pass and you were patiently waiting outside to welcome the two of them. for the last 7 days all you did was pray for them to return safely.

from time to time you've been glancing at the path on where they should have been. the sun was starting to set and there was still no sign of them and so you started to feel depressed. but then a silhouette walk towards you.

"Giyu! I knew you'll pass, congratulations" you cheered as you hug the said man out of joy.

"...thanks" he muttered, the tone of his voice clearly yells out he was tired. 

"wheres Sabito?" you asked him after noticing that the pink haired man was no where to be seen.

"his..." Giyu started but before he can say anything, you panic, you knew not everyone can get out alive, your grateful Giyu was alive but t would have been more better if Sabito was with him.

"don't tell me...he..he..." you mumbled as tears start to fall down on your eyes .

"(Y/N)?" Giyu confusedly called as he took hold of your shivering form.

"That jerk! he...he said...he promised me he'll come back" you cried as you clutch Giyu's clothes with your fist. as you continue to cry, you didn't notice someone walking behind Giyu. 

"what's this now, your cheating on me with Giyu?" the Familiar voice playfully said.

"Sabito?!" you called in disbelief as you separate from Giyu's hug. your eyes widen as you ran towards Sabito and embrace him will you got. 

"I thought you were dead" you mumbled, your words muffled by his clothes. 

"don't go killing me off...I told you I'll come back didn't I" he said and whispering the last part next to your ear. 

"yeah" you replied as you hug him tighter. 

"I'm home (Y/N)" he whispered as place a kiss on your forehead and hug you back

"Welcome back Sabito"

OMAKE

"where did you even get the Idea that I'm dead?" Sabito asked after he and Giyu rested. 

"well...I told you Giyu He'll come back!" you started, It was a misunderstanding on your part but Giyu should have at least told you something. right?

"I didn't say anything" Giyu mumbled