Feeling sick

Webby felt as if her whole body was on fire. She weakly lifted one hand and held it up to her forehead. She was almost positive she had caught something.

Dewey walked into the room, holding little DJ. He looked at Webby and frowned.

"You okay?" he asked.

"I don't...feel..."

"Are you sick?"

"I think so..."

"Mama okay?" DJ asked, tilting his head to the side.

"She's a little sick, DJ. But, she'll be okay."

"Mama have tummy ache?"

"I don't know. Webby, I should probably take you to a doctor."

"No, I'll be okay."

Webby sat up, but a little too rapidly. Her stomach ached and her vision was clouded with multicolored spots.

"I'll call Frida and tell her to take care of DJ," Dewey said, grabbing his phone from his pocket. "I'll take care of you."

Dewey sat by his sick wife, lovingly twirling her hair. Webby had her head on his shoulder, feeling tired.

"Are you feeling any better?" Dewey asked. "It's been a few hours since you took medicine."

"I'm feeling a little better. I'm still on fire, though."

Dewey put his hand against her forehead. She wasn't as warm as before, but she still had a fever. He made an attempt to kiss her, but she backed away.

"No, you'll get sick, too."

"I've been by your side this whole time, I'm bound to get sick, anyway."

The couple kissed and cuddled for a few minutes before Frida opened the door. DJ toddled in and held out his arms to be picked up.

"Mama, pick me up, please?"

"Mama's sick, DJ," Frida said. "I told you."

"I make Mama feel better?"

DJ climbed onto the bed and hugged Webby, but backed up.

"Mama hot," he whined. "Mama too hot for me."

Dewey held DJ, who buried his face into Dewey's shirt.

"You should probably get him out of here," Webby said. "He might catch my illness, and I'm feeling tired anyway."

Frida picked up DJ, turned off the lights and left the room to let the couple rest.