2061

DJ ran across the street. Several cars stopped to let him pass, but their drivers angrily shook their fists.

"Sorry!" he called out.

He wouldn't stop for anything, not even his friends asking him what the rush was. He finally arrived at McDuck Manor, and he burst in, yelling, "Has it happened yet?!"

"Has what happened yet?" Frida's voice asked.

"Have my kids hatched yet, duh! What else would I be talking about?!"

"Okay, then, sheesh. Take a chill pill, Dewford Jr."

"Don't call me that," DJ said, heading to the nursery.

He walked in to find his wife, Day, looking into the crib. He stood by her side and noticed the eggs had already started hatching. The first one broke open and the little duckling cried.

"Look, it's a little boy!" Day exclaimed, picking up their first child. "What should we name him?"

"He'll be Dewey, the Third. I thought we talked about this."

"Another little Dewey for the family line, huh?"

The second egg broke open, and DJ picked up their second child.

"We've got identical twins, Day."

"What? You said it would most likely be a girl, and that you had good luck with guessing things."

"Don't worry, I can come up with something. He obviously can't go by Dana."

"I mean, he could, but that probably wouldn't go well with him later in life."

"How about Ben? Dad met a Ben a few times, said he was nice."

"I like it. Ben Duck..."

Frida came in and noticed the twins.

"Aw, they're so cute!" she squealed, holding Ben. "They look just like you and Dewey."

"Speaking of which, should we tell your parents?" Day asked.

"Yeah, I'll tell the whole family," DJ said.

Most of the Ducks came to see DJ and Day's twins. Frida took this opportunity to make the occasion into a party.

"They're cute!" Webby said, adjusting the pince-nez specs she had gotten from Scrooge after his passing. "They look just like Dewey."

"That's what Aunt Frida said," DJ said, rocking the twins' cradle. "Gosh, I wish you could live with us, but...you've got your own house..."

"Why don't you move in with us?"

"I...I don't know. What say you, Day?"

"I don't mind living with your parents," she said, picking up the baby Dewey, who was beginning to cry.

"Guess we're moving in tomorrow!"

The door suddenly opened. In walked an old woman, carrying a box.

"I'm sorry I'm late," she said. "My sight's beginning to fail me, but I made it!"

As she walked towards DJ's family, he heard an odd squeaking sound. When she had stopped, he noticed she had a very old rusty prosthetic leg. She held out the box and he took it.

"It's just a little present I got," she said.

DJ opened it, and inside was a space-themed mobile.

"Thank you...whoever you are."

"Honey, I'm your grandmother, Della Duck. And these little boys are my great-grandsons."

Frida whispered something to Della.

"Oh, I get it," Della said angrily. "Everyone thinks I'm losing my mind again, is that it?! I don't deserve to be here, huh? Well, maybe I'll just go, and you can never see me again."

Della coughed hard before slowly making her way to the door.

"Sorry about that, DJ," Frida said. "Della's just been having a hard time with getting old. And I think the Amethyst of the Ancients' effects are coming back; she has had episodes of brief craziness."

The party continued, as if nothing had happened. Although, DJ began wondering if he should try to talk to Della, or if it was even safe to do so, if Frida said she was of unstable mind...