Three times trouble

Louie woke up, feeling less tired than usual. But, that was only because he knew exactly what day it was.

"Guys, wake up," he said. "It's our birthday!"

Dewey leaped out of bed, but Huey remained asleep. Dewey climbed up to his bed and shook him awake.

"Dewey, let me sleep."

"But, it's our birthday today! This is a super special occasion!"

"What time is it?"

Louie checked his phone. It was only 4:26 in the morning.

"It's time to wake up, that's what time it is!" Dewey said, dragging Huey out of bed.

The boys went into the kitchen to make themselves some breakfast. Huey fell asleep just getting himself a bowl. He dropped it and it shattered on the floor.

"Huey, wake up!" Louie hissed. "Do you want to wake up everyone else?"

One little pixie, Luna, came out from underneath Huey's sleeping cap. She began squeaking loudly at the sight of the shattered bowl.

"Shut up, you little twit!" Louie said to it.

Luna didn't like being insulted; she opened her tiny maw and began making a deafening klaxon-like sound. Louie swatted at her, but she just hovered above him, out of his reach.

"Shut up!" Louie shouted, throwing things at her.

"What is dismal downs is going on?!" another voice yelled.

Silence fell, and Louie and Dewey turned to see Scrooge, Della, Donald, Beakley, Webby, and Frida standing in the doorway.

"What are you doing, you guys?" Della asked.

"It's our birthday today," Louie said, and then he muttered under his breath, "Not that you would know about that, Mom."

Frida picked up Huey, and looked at the other two ducklings.

"It's 4:30 in the morning, you shouldn't be up," she said. "I don't care if it's your birthday, you need sleep."

Louie gave her a furious look, and Dewey yawned.

"You lads don't have to be up so early just because it's your birthday," Scrooge said.

"I've mentioned this to you before," Donald said. "You can't be getting up in the middle of the night to celebrate amongst yourselves or watch the clock get to midnight or whatever. You guys need to be in bed at this time."

Louie stomped away to his room. Dewey attempted to follow but he stumbled over his own two feet; he gave the appearance that he was trying to navigate his way out of the kitchen blindfolded. Frida picked him up and carried him and Huey to their room.

It was now 9 in the morning. All the presents had been wrapped and placed in the center of the living room.

The boys came downstairs, and Frida, Donald, Della, and Scrooge heard two gasps of delight.

"Presents!" Huey and Dewey exclaimed, sitting next to their individual stacks of presents.

Louie calmly sat next to his, but didn't seem to want to open anything; he was most likely still mad about what happened earlier.

"Louie, open your presents," Frida said.

"No," he said.

Huey looked sadly at Louie; this was always one of his favorite times of the year, next to Christmas. Turning down presents was like...the opposite of Louie!

"It took me an hour just to figure out how to wrap one present," Della said. "Do you want my hard work to be for nothing?!"

"Just let it go, Della," Frida muttered. "Louie clearly has no respect for anyone else's feelings and never cares about anyone but himself. No wonder he's the evil triplet."

Louie was shocked by what Frida had said; she never called him the evil triplet. Lazy, sure, but never evil.

He picked one present and opened it. Inside the box was a plush panda. His head filled with memories of when he was a toddler and had lost a plush similar to this one. He picked it up and hugged it.

As he did, he felt someone running their fingers through his hair. He looked up and saw Frida.

"Will you please stop being a bit of an insensitive jerk, Lou?" she asked.

Louie nodded a bit. Donald and Della also sat next to him and began to hug him. Eventually the whole Duck family was in this giant embrace.

*Again, sorry if these have been terrible lately...*