Flowers don't last forever

"I think I'm going to ask her the big question today," Donald told Della. "We've been dating for a little while, so maybe she'll say 'yes.'"

"I don't know, Donald. You've been dating for about 2 years, is that enough? I mean, you had a crush on that one Franny girl for all of high school, and I think she loved you back. I always thought you'd be with her, but...wanting to marry Daisy? What if she says 'no?'"

"She won't say 'no.' I've known her long enough."

Donald took a small box off of his dresser drawers and went out to find Daisy.

Daisy sat in the middle of a field of, of course, daisies. There were a few mums and roses, too, but there were mostly daisies.

Today was the day. The day that she had to tell Donald something very important. She knew this would drastically change their relationship forever, but maybe Donald could accept it.

She looked out to the horizon, and saw Donald heading towards her. She stood up.

"Donald, I need to tell you something."

"I have something to say, too."

"Really?"

Donald got down on one knee, and brought out a box. He opened it, but nothing was inside.

"Where did I put it?" he mumbled, searching around the area. "How could I have lost it?"

"Donald, I'm breaking up with you," Daisy blurted out.

Donald stopped searching and looked up at her with teary eyes.

"What?"

"I'm...breaking up with you. I'm sorry, but...in the time we've known each other, I found out you were..."

"What? Can you not understand me? Is my outfit stupid? Do you think I'm cheating on you?"

"You're...too angry."

"Huh?"

"Oh, for heaven's sake, Donald Duck, you get even a teensy bit upset, and you become a time bomb. You have these fits of rage, and I can't take it anymore."

"Name one time when that's happened."

"Let's see...when we were sailing once, and the sail had a one-inch hole in it. When the coffee shop ran out of your favorite espresso. When your cheap uncle told you to help him move a coffee table."

Donald realized she was right. He hadn't really found someone who didn't see his angry quacking since Claire.

"Okay...maybe you're right."

"Of course I am," Daisy said, giving Donald a quick kiss and then walking away.

Donald walked off in the opposite direction, before stepping on something hard. He quacked angrily before noticing Daisy looking in his direction. He stopped and picked up the object he had stepped on.

It was the turquoise and garnet engagement ring he was going to give to Daisy. He put it back into the box, and placed the box on the ground. He didn't need it at all.

DuckTales One-Shots!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara