Wild animals

Dewey held a spiky creature in his hand. Or, rather, it was stuck to his hand. The spikes dug into the palm of his hand, causing it to bleed. The creature wiggled around, trying to get off, but Dewey was in so much pain, he couldn't open his hand all the way to let the creature go.

He made his way into the mansion to find Frida. As soon as he stepped inside, Della screamed.

"Dewey, you're bleeding! How did this happen?"

She looked at the creature in his hand. She tried picking it up, but it squirmed too much and Dewey still wouldn't open his hand all the way.

Frida came downstairs and noticed the scene. Her hands glowed and she lifted the creature up into the air with her telekinesis. She placed it into a cage that had appeared out of thin air, and she looked at Dewey's hand. She plucked out the spikes one by one and healed his hand.

"Why did you touch the hedgehog?" she asked.

"What?" Dewey asked, tilting his head to the side.

"That critter you had on your hand, it's called a hedgehog."

"Oh."

Dewey looked at the hedgehog. Some of its spikes were still on it, some dripping with his blood. Frida waved her hand in the air and the hedgehog was cleaned up. She took it out of the cage and held it gently. Her magic kept it calm.

"Well, guess we'd better release back into the wild."

"But, it looks cute. Can't we keep it?"

"Dewey, it's a wild animal," Della said. "I remember when I was about 6 I found a turtle. I wanted to keep it, but Uncle Scrooge said no. It was a wild animal, and it belonged into the wild. The same goes for this hedgehog."

Dewey took the hedgehog from Frida and told her he would put it back where he found it. He noticed that the hedgehog had a bright blue spot on its front right paw. A marker from somewhere. Perhaps it had wandered in ink and this blotch was now almost permanent. If he saw it again, he would know it was his hedgehog.

"Good-bye, little hedgehog," he said to it, letting it run back to the wild.

The hedgehog sniffed around and then it took off. It was quite fast.

Gotta go fast, thought Dewey as he headed back inside.