The return of the unlucky one

Frida heard a knock at the door at about 3 in the morning. When she opened it, she saw a shivering pile of coats.

"Is anyone alive in there?" she asked.

"M'lady?" a man's muffled voice asked.

He stood up and the coats fell off of him. The man turned out to be Gladstone.

"Oh, no, not you," she said, about to close the door.

"Wait, I need your help!"

"You're here to convince me to sleep with you."

"No, I...I really need help. Please."

Frida looked at him dubiously before letting him into the mansion. She led him to the living room, and he sat on the couch next to where Louie was sleeping.

"What's up with this one?" Gladstone asked, trying to warm himself up.

"He woke up about an hour ago to tell me he was feeling sick," Frida said, picking up Louie. "Now, tell me why you need 'help.'"

"So, I met this girl. We had, you know, a bit of fun a few weeks ago. Next thing I knew, she had a little baby bump, and now, we can't find a place to live because I'm unlucky. She's also a bit of a gambler, so we've lost quite a bit of money. We've been living on the streets, and I think I caught a cold from when it rained a few days ago."

"And that's my problem?"

"You took away my luck, of course it's your problem! What's the matter with you?"

"I don't like you, that's what. You've tried at least two attempts on me to get laid. Why should I help you?"

"Please, help. I'll never ask for anything ever again. Besides, I've got kids of my own now, I'll leave you alone."

"Well, I guess I could give you your luck back. The only problem is, it's been gone for so long, it'll turn on and off."

"I don't care, just give it back."

Frida waved her hand. Gladstone instantly felt better, and his suit was even getting fixed by magic.

"Remember what you promised, and remember what I said about your luck."

Someone else knocked on the door. Frida opened it, and there stood a woman perhaps slightly younger than her. The woman had impossible wavy hair, dazzling gold hoop earrings, a emerald engagement ring, and a white sleeveless dress. She held her hands on the small baby bump and looked at Gladstone worriedly.

"Did she help us out?" she asked.

"Uh, yeah, Frida, could you also get us a place to stay?"

"Stay with Fethry."

Gladstone shivered in disgust.

"Hey, if you don't want to, I could take your luck back and let you crawl back to the streets, you bumbling blockhead."

"Fine, we'll go. Come on, Lizzy."

Gladstone took the woman's hands in his and they walked away. But, not before Gladstone tripped over his own two feet and almost brought Lizzy to the ground with him.

*Sorry if this sucked...*