How about a first date?

"What if they don't think I'm attractive? Or what if they think I'm weird? What if--"

"Fethry! Chill out, man," Frida said, stopping the car in front of a small building. "This is just to see if any girl might be interested in you. If not, well, then we'll try another day."

"What do I do again?" Fethry asked as they entered the small building.

"Just sit down at a table where there's a potential date, introduce yourself, and see what you have in common. Don't worry, I'll be beside you to help you out."

Fethry and Frida sat at a table where a young lady sat.

"Hello, my name is Fethry."

"I'm Brittany. So, do you like Japanese food?"

"Huh?"

"You know, ramen, yakitori, sushi--"

"Why would I eat fish? Fish are my friends, they should be yours, too!"

"Fethry..." Frida said under her breath.

"You know what, I'm just gonna go," Brittany said, getting up and leaving.

"Now what?" Fethry asked, burying his face in his hands. "I scared a girl away, and it hasn't even been a minute."

"Just hang on, another girl will come along."

Sure enough, someone else came along; a girl with a short haircut and glasses.

"Hello, my name is Alex, and I am an up-and-coming author from St. Canard."

"She seems okay," Fethry commented to Frida.

"I would prefer 'they,' if you don't mind."

"Uh, okay, then. Alex, do you like fish, or krill, perhaps?"

"I'm allergic to fish, actually."

"Oh."

Alex left the table, and a plump little lady came up to their table.

"Hi, my name is Sylvia!" she said loudly. "How are you?"

"My name's Fethry. So, Sylvia, do you like fish?"

"My ex-husband ran a seafood restaurant. But then I went vegetarian, and he asked for a divorce."

"Okay. So, what do you like to do?"

"I love taking care of my cats."

"Cats?"

"Something wrong, Fethry?" Frida whispered.

"I'm allergic to cats. Ever heard of the Pete family? Donald and I visited them once, and it was horrible."

"So, do you like cats, then, Fred?"

"No. I'm allergic to cats."

"Oh, too bad, because Miney really wants to say hello!"

"Who?"

Sylvia reached into her purse and pulled out a tiny brown kitten.

"Oh, no," Fethry said, moving away from the table. "Get that thing away from me."

"Hmm, suit yourself. Let's head home, Miney."

Sylvia left, and Frida and Fethry moved to a different table.

"I don't think there's anyone who might be interested in me," he complained.

"I'm sure someone out there would love you for who you are. It's just...taking a little while to find her."

Another girl approached the table. She had long feather-white hair that went down to her waist, bright sea-blue eyes, golden hoop earrings, and she wore a short lavender dress.

"Hi," she said. "I'm Juniper. But, most people call me Jay."

"I'm Fethry. So, how do you feel about...the ocean?"

"I love the ocean. When I was a little girl, I always dreamed of being a deep-sea diver. But, I settled for being a marine biologist."

Fethry brought out a jar full of water. Little glowing creatures swam around inside. He handed it over to Juniper.

"These are krill," she said, marveling at the tiny creatures. "They're beautiful."

Fethry felt slightly light-headed. This must be what love feels like.

"Fethry, your face..." Frida said, gesturing to her own face.

Fethry brought a hand up to his face. His cheeks had puffed up, making it slightly difficult for him to breathe. Of course, I had almost completely forgot about Sylvia's cat.

"Uh, maybe we should talk later," Frida told Juniper. "Fethry's got a uh...bit of an allergy problem."

As she and Fethry left, Fethry yelled out, "I love you, Juniper!" Many people looked in his direction, and then in Juniper's. She didn't care, though.

She had finally found her true love.