Golden opportunity

*If Louie was half-Runestone, instead of Huey...*

Louie sat on his bed, waiting for Frida to stop talking. He just wanted to see the limit of his powers. Perhaps he could make money or jewels with them.

"And you could get seriously hurt if you use them wrong," Frida said. "So, do you see why I want you to be careful?"

"Sure," Louie responded.

He snapped his fingers, and just like that, a small pile of 100$ bills appeared out of thin air next to him.

"I'm rich," he gasped. "I'm rich!"

"Louie, you're not rich. Runestones can't create real money, this is counterfeit money. Anyone would be able to tell if they examine it."

"My dear Frida, the most wonderful thing about this planet is that most people are too stupid to pay attention to counterfeit bills. I mean, why else would most people still think the Earth is flat?"

"Louie, you can't go spending that money."

"I can, and I will," he said as he stuffed the money in his pocket and walked out of the house.

Louie was now sitting in his own mansion on the other side of town. He sat in a comfy beanbag chair, surrounded by Waddle phones and tablets, golden coins, jewelry, and selfies of himself in bedazzled picture frames. Across from him was a giant 70-inch flat-screen TV.

"Oi, butler, can you find me the remote for the TV?" he called out.

A short little butler scampered in and gave Louie the remote. Louie flipped through the channels.

"Nothing much except for golf, preschooler's cartoons, and Saturday Night Live," he said, sighing. "Maybe I should go out and buy another gold crown for my collection. Or maybe a platinum one!"

There was a knock on the door.

"Butler, go get the door."

He heard the butler open the door. Frida walked in, or rather, ran in.

"Louie, you've made a terrible mistake," she said, panting.

"What are you talking about?"

"There's so much false money in circulation, it's collapsing the economy. Not only that, they've discovered most of the fake bills, and the police are on their way right now."

"What? No, you're lying!"

"I'm not lying! Llewellyn Duck, do you think I'd be lying about police officers coming down here?"

"Yes."

"Fine, see if I care. You used your magic improperly, and now you're going to pay the price."

Frida left the mansion, and Louie just put on some bedazzled headphones. A few minutes later, he heard someone literally banging on his door.

"Mr...Duck, we know you're in there!" a firm voice yelled. "Come out this instant!"

Louie was instantly filled with fear; Frida was actually telling the truth?!

What he needed to do know was hide. He jumped off of his beanbag chair and hid upstairs in a closet. The banging on the door didn't stop, and he could swear he heard a few gunshots.

Heavy footsteps approached the closet, and it was opened. Louie was staring into the faces of 13 policemen.

"Are you Mr. Duck?" one of them asked.

"Yes," Louie said, quivering.

"Did you realize you had purchased goods with counterfeit currency?"

"No. I swear, I couldn't tell. Someone gave it to me. I'm only a kid, how was I supposed to know?"

"Can you describe this person?"

"He was tall, and he wore a long black cloak with a hood that covered his face. I don't know much else, I didn't see anything except the cloak."

"Could you describe his voice, perhaps?"

"Uh, a little like...Kevin Michael Richardson."

"Are you sure?"

Louie nodded. It had been the first name he could come up with, but it sounded plausible enough; the police left him alone, but took away all the things he had bought with the fake money and took him back to McDuck Manor. Frida was waiting for him, and she was tapping her foot angrily.

"Well, I didn't think a half-Runestone like you could have such destructive powers," she said. "You know, either of your brothers would've been better. Yes, even Dewey would use his powers better than you."

"Shut up, I just barely--"

"Don't tell me to shut up! I'm just telling you straight-up facts. Your misuse of your powers is gonna end up killing you someday."

Louie covered his ears and walked to his bedroom. The first thing he did was bury his face in a pillow.

He wouldn't use his powers ever again...because Frida was absolutely right.