Another sleepover

"Come on, Lena, we'll be fine," Webby said. "I promise that Frida won't intervene at any time today or tomorrow. She'll leave us alone."

"What if we really need something from her?" Dewey asked.

"We won't," Lena said. "I've got magic, too. I'm sure I could handle any problem we might face."

The children sat around a Scrooge-opoly board. They had gone 10 minutes into their game when the lights flickered.

"Well, it was cloudy a little while ago," Webby said. "Maybe it'll rain?"

The lights flickered again, and went out completely. Louie turned on his phone's flashlight and held it up in the air.

"The power went out," Lena said. "But, I don't hear much rain. Maybe it's Frida."

"It wouldn't be," Huey said. "She wouldn't do something like this on purpose."

"Are you sure?"

Frida walked into the room.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

Lena gave her a dirty look.

"We're fine, thank you," she said.

Frida waved her left hand in the air, and glowing blue orbs filled the room with their cool light. Lena tried shooing them away, but her hand went through them, as if they were nothing more than wisps of sunlight.

"We don't need you, witch. Just crawl back to your cave and leave us alone."

"Lena!" Webby gasped.

"She's hiding something, I know it. I should know; I was evil once, remember?"

"But, you're good now! Frida's good, too."

"No, she isn't. She's too strong, I can sense her magic, it's crazy powerful. And she won't leave us alone, and it's so annoying. It's always as if there's a hint of her in every room I'm in."

Nobody noticed, but Huey pulled at the collar of his pajama shirt.

"Frida's good," Dewey said. "We trust her."

"Well, that's the problem! She's probably hatching some scheme right under you!"

"I would never--" Frida began.

"Shut the duck up!" Lena yelled at the top of her lungs.

A blast of purple-sparked magic vibrated throughout the mansion. All lights went out, and it was pitch-black again. Louie turned on his phone flashlight once more and yelped.

Lena's magic had caused Frida to transform into a smoky mist figure and freeze. Dewey tried poking her, but his hand went through her. The mist swirled around for a bit before going back to its Frida-shaped form.

"Lena, what did you do?" Webby asked.

"I froze her, I guess. I've never done that before. Hey, Red, what do you make of this?"

Huey didn't answer. All the kids turned around to look at him.

He was also frozen in the smoky mist state, although there appeared to be some blotches of ice, too.

"What?" Lena yelped. "How did he freeze?"

"Well, we never told you this but...Huey's half-Runestone," Dewey said.

"He's like Frida?! How?!"

"We don't know. It just happened. It's kind of interesting. But, since he's got a bit of Runestone magic, your magic must've froze him, too."

Lena couldn't believe it; one of her friends was a Runestone? This whole time?

"Then, that fire shield from last time..."

"Probably Huey," Louie said. "He's got a few fire powers. That must've been one of his newer ones."

Lena's hands glowed and Frida and Huey unfroze. She began packing her things up.

"Lena, what are you doing?" Webby asked.

"I...I don't know what to think anymore. Huey's good, but it turns out he's..."

"He's half-and-half," Frida said.

"Yeah. I believe...you might be okay, but I don't really know. I'm really confused. And besides, I just hurt a friend."

"It didn't hurt," Huey said quietly.

"I'm just gonna go, Pink. This family's crazy."

Lena went out, leaving the Ducks just standing there in a bit of shock.

*You know the drill...Sorry if this f***ing sucked...*