Honey bun

Hayley held little Dani on her lap. The little infant looked around, gnawing on her little fist.

There was a knock on the door. Huey ran in to open it.

"I'm expecting a package," he explained, opening the door, instead revealing Dewey, Webby, and DJ.

"Oh, what're you three doing here?" he asked.

"Just wanted to see our niece," Dewey said, as they walked in. "She's so cute."

"I cute!" DJ shouted. "I cute!"

"You're the cutest," Webby said, sitting on the couch next to Hayley and Dani. "But, your cousin's cute, too."

"I cute?"

"Yes. Now, can you say hi to your cousin?"

DJ looked at Dani. He patted her gently on the head.

"Hi, hi," he said.

Dani whined; she didn't like anyone but her parents to touch her hair. She didn't trust DJ one bit.

Hayley put Dani in Webby's arms.

"I almost forgot to get my honey buns out of the oven," she said, rushing into the kitchen.

DJ hugged Dani, but she squirmed and babbled angrily.

"I love you," he said.

"No!" she screamed.

Huey and Hayley looked at her in surprise. Her first word had been "No." It was very interesting; they had come close to getting her to say "Mama", but this was one of those words they didn't really use around her, for fear of her getting to fight with words.

"No, no, no," she said, shaking her head and pushing DJ away.

Of course, DJ, being 13 months her senior, understood what it meant when he was told "no." He crawled off of Webby's lap and toddled over to Dewey, who was standing with Huey in the kitchen. He was picked up, then he buried his face in Dewey's jacket and cried; this was what he always did if he was told "no," even if Dewey was the one who would tell him.

"It's okay, DJ," Dewey said. "It's okay, baby."

Hayley gave DJ a honey bun. He looked at it suspiciously before grabbing it. He took a bite and his mood improved greatly.

"Yum, yum!" he said. "Food!"

Dani reached her hands out for a honey bun.

"No, baby, you can't eat those," Hayley said, picking her up. "You're too little."

"No," Dani whined, still reaching out for a honey bun. "No."

Dani was put into her playpen. She hid her face in the blanket lining its floor and cried. DJ was also put in the playpen. He broke off a piece of the unsweetened bit of bread and gave it to her. She stuffed it into her mouth, and giggled.

DJ gave her a hug, and this time, she didn't try to push him away.

"I love you," DJ said.

"Dee-Dee," Dani said, patting his head affectionately.

*Sorry if this sucked, I can't has the good ideas right now, my brain won't let me lol...*