She's broken...

"Anyone seen Aunt Frida lately?" Huey asked the family one morning. "I can't find her."

"No, I haven't seen her in...three days, I think," Della said.

"Maybe she's out in her lab, or with Uncle Scrooge at one of his meetings," Dewey suggested, as he stuffed a pancake in his mouth.

"I checked her lab, and Uncle Scrooge is still sleeping," Huey said. "Where could she have gone?"

"Why do you need her, anyway?" Della asked, getting out of her chair. "Whatever your problem is, I'm sure I can fix it."

"Well, I don't think you could. My Paget Pixie, Luna, doesn't seem to be moving at all. She's breathing, just not moving."

"Okay, maybe I can't fix this problem. We'd better find Frida."

The triplets and Della looked all over for Frida. Dewey finally found her, in her lab closet, with her head against the wall.

"Aunt Frida, are you okay?" he asked.

She remained silent. He moved her slightly and looked at her face.

She had a very blank expression, as though she had been letting her mind wander a bit too far, or she was put under a trance-like spell.

He waved a hand in front of her face, snapped his fingers, and slapped her. None of this even made her twitch. He then grabbed a cup of cold water and splashed her with it.

"Llewellyn Duck, what the heck is wrong with you?!" she yelled.

"I'm Dewey."

Frida looked at her surroundings. Her expression seemed to be a mix of confusion and horror. Perhaps she was seeing things Dewey could not. She held onto him as though he were her lifeline.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

She shook her head. Dewey calmly led her back to the mansion. Something was wrong with her, and he was worried it might be fatal...

"I don't think I could figure out what's wrong with her," Scrooge said, after looking at her for a while. "Based on what you said, it's possible something's wrong in her head. A mental illness, perhaps. Oi, Frida, does mental illness run in your family?"

She just stared blankly at him.

"She's not speaking. Hand me a glass of water or something."

Dewey did as he was told, and Scrooge poured the water over Frida's head. She transformed into water as he did so.

"Frida, I cannae help you if you don't let me. What's wrong?"

Huey walked in as Frida came back to normal.

"Aunt Frida, can you--"

"No, lad, she's not right in her noggin right now," Scrooge said, leading him out.

"Maybe Huey could help," Dewey said. "He's half-Runestone."

Huey whispered something to Frida. She then removed her wedding ring and gave it to him.

"Is it about Donald?" Scrooge asked.

Huey examined the ring and noticed it had been engraved with words in some language that seemed vaguely familiar. He took his guidebook out from under his hat and removed a piece of paper from between the pages.

"It says 'Broken minds will reveal themselves in time,'" he said. "I figured I'd seen this language before, that bow with a halo is an R."

"What does it mean, though?" Dewey asked. "Is she broken or something?"

"Kinda? I don't know, really. Maybe there's something in her lab."

Huey searched for anything on Runestones in Frida's lab. He eventually found a very thick book about the size of a typical backpack. He flipped through it until he had found what he was looking for.

"She must've enchanted the wedding rings," Huey finally said after a few minutes of reading. "It's messing with her mind because...it's hers and Uncle Donald's wedding anniversary."

"All this over a simple enchantment?" Scrooge exclaimed.

"Is there a way to get her back to normal?" Dewey asked.

"Yeah," Huey said, looking down. "But, it requires a potion, which I suck at making."

"I'm sure you can do it. You can't be that bad."

"Hmm...I guess I could try. But, if I mess up and this potion kills her, don't say I didn't warn you."

Huey felt jittery the whole time he was making the potion, but at last, he had created some pinkish liquid that smelled of strawberries. He went back to Scrooge's office, where Frida was still staring off into whatever abyss she was seeing, and poured in on her head. She immediately snapped out of her trance, jumped out of her seat, and began doing some whacked out martial arts maneuvers.

"Where am I?" she asked.

"Not in some sort of trance, that's where you are," Huey said.

"Hmm?"

"You enchanted your wedding rings, and you went a little crazy."

"What are you talking about?"

"Do you...not remember?"

Frida shook her head and calmly walked out of Scrooge's office. For some reason, even though she seemed cured, something about her not remembering her trance made Huey feel extremely worried...

*Sorry if it's bad, I've been a little depressed or something lately, because I can't seem to keep something from falling to s*** pieces...*