Trance

"Louie, could you hand me that Foray Crystal over there?" Frida asked, stirring up her potion.

"Why don't you get it?"

"Gee, maybe I should. Unfortunately, I don't have magic all month, and I need to keep stirring for a bit longer to avoid an explosion."

"Fine."

Louie got out of his seat and walked over to where the crystal was. As he was grabbing it, a group of 4 pixies squeaked at him.

"What do you want?" he hissed.

The pixies squeaked angrily at him. They entwined their tails at the center of their group. Two of them glowed this inky black light, while the other two glowed white. They hovered above the drawers, and began to spin clockwise quite rapidly.

Louie didn't know what they were doing, but the next thing he knew, he felt like he wasn't there anymore. He seemed to be floating in endless space, letting his mind wander.

"Louie?" Frida asked. "Could you give me that crystal now?"

He wasn't answering. She turned around and noticed that he was frozen in place. He had gotten the crystal but it was slipping out of his grasp.

"Louie?"

She went over to him and tapped him on the shoulder. He still wasn't responding. She looked him in the face, and saw that his eyes had this glassy look. It was as if he was under some spell.

Then, she noticed the 4 pixies. They were squeaking and hissing at each other, for their crystalline tails were tangled.

"Oh, no."

She picked up Louie and set him on a bed. She poked his beak. He didn't even flinch.

He's in a deep trance, she thought. And, she knew that removing a Brener Pixie's spell was tough; their spells were the strongest of any pixie, and it generally took at least two Runestones to lift any spell.

She opened her lab door and yelled, "Hey, Huey, get over here!"

In a few minutes, Huey came running. He noticed his younger brother on the bed.

"What's wrong with him?" he asked worriedly.

"He's in a trance. A few of my Brener Pixies cast a spell on him."

"How?"

She pointed to the tangled-up pixies.

"They 'tie' their tails together, glow, and spin like a black-and-white pinwheel. And to lift the spell, we both need to break it with a Color Wheel spell."

"I'm only half-and-half, remember? I can't do anything like that."

"You just need to make your hands glow different colors and move your hands in a counter-clockwise motion."

Huey just crossed his arms. He wasn't quite sure why Frida insisted on believing he was as great as she was; he was quite sure both of them knew that his hands rarely glowed when he was doing any magic.

"Come on, Hue, we can do this."

Huey snapped his fingers once, but instead of glowing, his hands were surrounded by flames. It didn't hurt, but it was like his hands had a summer atmosphere of their own.

"That should work, too," Frida said. "Now, move them in a counter-clockwise motion."

Her left hand glowed blue, and her right hand glowed green. They moved their hands in their circular motion, and bits of the colors spun off and fell like glitter over Louie.

They kept this going for a bit, until Louie suddenly sat upright.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Those Brener Pixies put you in a trance," Frida explained. "But, you're alright now."

She picked Louie up and hugged him. Huey also wanted to join in, but he felt really tired; the magic really drained his energy, most likely because it was such a big spell, one that he'd never done before.

He collapsed onto the bed and sighed heavily. Maybe he should stop with the magic before he killed himself doing harder spells...

*Sorry if this sucked...*