Rockabye, baby

Dewey woke up in the middle of the night to a loud sound. He was still half-asleep, so he couldn't really identify it. He figured it must've been nothing, but then the sound got louder.

"Webby, wake up. Do you hear that?" he said, gently shaking her awake.

Webby sat up and listened for a second.

"I think it's the baby," she groaned, getting out of bed. "I bet he's hungry."

"In the middle of the night?"

"He's a baby, what are you gonna do about it?"

The couple went into the nursery and found DJ crying quite hard. Webby picked him up.

"He's warm. A little too warm. He might be sick."

Dewey searched through the drawers of baby things and found a thermometer. He checked DJ's temperature.

"He's at 101.6," he said. "Poor baby."

"What do we do? I don't think we have baby medicine."

"We'll just have to go out and get some."

They got dressed and headed out to find a place that sold children's medicine that would be open at 2 am. They finally stopped at a 24-hour shop.

"Hello, how may I help you?" the cashier said.

"Do you sell medicine that could be given to a 2-month-old child?" Dewey asked, holding up DJ.

The cashier looked at DJ.

"He looks like he's got a cold," she said. "I think we have something for that."

When the couple arrived back at home, they immediately gave some medicine to DJ. Webby rocked him gently, but he wouldn't fall asleep; instead, he was whimpering and kicking.

"What do I do?" she asked Dewey.

"I've got an idea. How about we hum or sing him something?"

"But, what?"

Dewey began humming something that sounded familiar, but he couldn't place it.

"What song is that?"

"'Rockabye.' I don't remember who it's by, but I think it sounds nice. And DJ's even falling asleep."

Sure enough, DJ wasn't kicking or whimpering anymore, and he seemed to be getting sleepy. Together, the couple hummed until they were all asleep, cuddled up close to each other.