Roses are red...

"Today, I'm going to ask her out," Huey said to his reflection in the mirror. "Today, I'm plucking up some courage, and asking her out."

"Asking who out?" a voice asked.

Huey turned around and saw Webby. Her arms were crossed, and she had a kind of angry look on her face.

"Not you, just so you know. I want to ask Violet out. Unless she already likes someone else."

"I don't know if Violet's into someone else, or anyone at all. When I ask her about that kind of stuff, she changes the subject."

"Well, maybe she'll open up to me. I really like her, and I hope she likes me back."

He left the mansion, with Webby following him secretly. He went to the Sabrewing household, and knocked on the door. Ty answered the door.

"May I help you?" he asked.

"Is Violet home?"

"Yeah, she's in her room with Lena. She mentioned something about a camping trip."

Huey looked behind Ty and saw Violet and Lena heading for the door.

"Hey, Huey, what are you doing here?" Violet asked, stepping outside.

"I wanted to ask you something," Huey said.

"You can come with us, if you'd like."

"No--I mean, yeah, I'll go with you. But, that's not what I wanted to ask."

"What is it, then?"

"I...I wanted to..."

Huey felt his face heat up, and he suddenly had a severe case of butterflies in the stomach. Why was this so hard?

"Huey, are you okay?" Lena asked.

Before he knew what he was doing, Huey kissed Violet. She looked shocked by the sudden act. When the kiss broke, she was still stunned.

"Why'd you do that?" she asked, rather calmly.

"I love you, Violet. And I wanted to ask you if you'd go out with me."

"Um...I don't know. I like you a lot. But, dating...that's an entirely different thing. I don't think I could."

"Violet, please."

"Maybe you should date him for a bit and see how it goes," Lena said. "If it doesn't go well, you can always just stay friends."

"Okay," Violet said, her face turning red. "I guess it's fine."

The trio went out to go camping. As they walked to their camp site out in the woods, the only thing that went through his mind was "My first girlfriend. We're going to love each other forever!"