01. The Wedding (1)

a/n: A few notes to read before starting this story:

- Only the first few chapters are long; the ones that follow are shorter.  

 Nothing portrayed in this story is historically accurate. This story is a fantasy.

- This story is a slow-burn romance that features mature explicit sexual content ( 18+ ) in some chapters. I will add more warnings for it later on in the story. 

- The story is mainly focused on the character's relationships and the smut parts are just complementary to it. So do not expect for it to be too steamy from the get go. It will take a long time for the characters to get together. 

- I was a newbie writer when I started this so my writing style changed a little bit as the story progresses (hopefully for the best). 

---

It is commonly believed that every woman anticipates her wedding day with endless excitement

It is commonly believed that every woman anticipates her wedding day with endless excitement. This is the day she is to remember as the happiest of her life, a day that promises her a future filled with love, comfort, and security. A day she has been dreaming about for almost all of her life.

For Ayomi Nori, a Princess of the Kingdom of Ilsan, this day, this wedding, is not a blissful dream - it is a dreaded and horrible nightmare. Despite the music, the cheers, and the colorful decorations, there is not a trace of happiness in her heart.

Naturally, she knows that a Princess could never dream to marry for love. A Princess should marry for the good of her country. Nori should be thankful and proud to be able to fulfill her duty; she should rejoice to enter a union that will bring peace and prosperity to her family.

But how can one feel any joy when they are about to be married to the most notoriously cruel, violent, and dangerous man on this side of the Great Sea?

In all Eastern Kingdoms, no one is as feared and as hated as King August the Second, ruler of the Kingdom of Daegu. The very man Princess Nori is supposed to marry today.

Sure, he has his admirers and supporters, people who claim he is incredibly smart, strikingly handsome, and a capable ruler. Even his enemies are impressed with his military tactics, fierce fighting skills, and strong will.

However, Princess Nori doesn't like him. She heard enough about him to know he is not a good person. She can picture him in her mind – arrogant, controlling, selfish, and cruel. Nori doesn't fear his reputation as much as she despises his vile character.

She knows that a man like that will only use her as a toy; treat her as another object in his possession. She knows that once he has had his fun with her, he will toss her away and enjoy his evenings with countless other women.