59| Gin's got the gin

After an exhausting time in the bathroom, we retired to bed. Only Fred and I had seemed to stop partying with the others downstairs.

With everything that had just happened I had expected the both of us to fall asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow, but that wasn't the case. I laid in his arms similarly to how we had when we were at Grimmauld place last, he was playing with my hair the same too.

We'd have little conversations but other than that we just enjoyed being together intimately again, in silence. "You know you can start working in the joke shop with your own line now, if that's what you want?" I looked devastated that he had brought this up again, bringing my mood down for a reason he had no knowledge of.

"I-I...um" I answered not really sure where to go with an excuse anymore, I don't think I could keep it from him any longer, it felt a lot like betrayal in my mind. Betraying the boy I love would never be my intention but it had seemed to end up that way anyway.

"I can't do this. I can't lie to you anymore Freddie..." I sat up pushing against the mattress for support to face him. "I can't move in, I have to go on a hunt for horcruxes with the others..." he stared blankly processing the words I had just said, he kept the same expression but now with a hint of disgust, disgusted that I was breaking the promise, disgusted that I hadn't told him sooner.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" He shouted, leaning forward making me jump back in surprise. It almost hurt him more to think I was afraid of him so he leaned back down, more aggravated than before. My eyes welled up at how angry it had made him "this whole time you've been acting like nothing was changing, getting my hopes up. Fucking me, before telling me the truth?" He was furious, it did scare me but most definitely not in the way that would make me fear for my safety. He could never make me feel that way.

"I'm sorry, I really am I never wanted to break the promise, but things are bigger and more important than that now. People's safety is in danger, I have to put-"

"Put them first? What about me, the whole world doesn't rely on you so stop acting like it does!" He was seething, I could practically feel the heat coming off of him as he spoke. "You're always making sacrifices for others, but this- this isn't a sacrifice. This is just you doing yet another fucking thing to put yourself in danger. Leaving me behind worrying like always!" His words seemed caring but the way he was saying them didn't match it at all.

"I'm over it, you are the girl I love, yet I feel like I'm the only one to show it. You lie, you make promises you can't keep; you go out nearly getting killed every other day! It's bullshit, you want to fucking go, GO! Don't expect me to welcome you back with open arms." He turned his head away from me clenching his jaw so hard I thought his teeth might break, I opened my mouth but nothing was coming out. I continued to feel the tears streaming down my cheeks but I had no idea what I could've said to stop the bickering.

I got up not turning around to face him again as soon as I shut the door I had never moved so fast to get to Ginny's room, I didn't care for the pain I felt when running. I knew I needed to break down away from him.

FRED'S POV:

I turned my face away from her feeling my eyes pricking, threatening to release tears if I even looked at her face again. I had never felt relief like it when she left the room.

I sighed still clenching my jaw to keep myself from screaming whatever comes to mind, I jumped out of bed throwing the lamp that sat on my bedside table to the floor, it shattered to pieces but it didn't make me regret it. It felt good releasing anger that way.

I couldn't stand it, I could still smell her sweet and flower like scent on me. In my hair, on my clothes, it was like she was everywhere around me yet nowhere at all.