39| luck

"So...Haz I heard something pretty interesting last night!" I spoke mockingly hoping he would catch on to what I was on about, but besides the fact he arched an eyebrow it gave me the hint that he was clueless. For one I know he would go beet red at the mention and he would dodge anymore talking on the topic. "What an earth are you on about?" I smirked at him before checking to see who was around as we walked down the hall towards the great hall.

"You and Ginny you idiot!" I half whispered and he instantly choked on the air he breathed obviously not expecting me of all people to know. He halted in the middle of the corridor and I did the same "before you say anything, don't be mad you know I won't tell anyone! You know how long I've wanted this to happen." He smiled not being as embarrassed or awkward as I would of expected. "I'm not mad if you know, you're my twin I probably would of told you at some point anyway." He scratched the back of his neck shocked that he was talking so confidently about it "it was great, but she's Ron's sister you know?" He looked around again clearly paranoid that Ron himself would show up and over hear.

"Well obviously I know she's Ron's sister dimwit! Ron's my best friend too Harry and I've been dating his brother for two years, I get that a sister is different...I guess, I don't know how he'd react if you told him. I think you should know she feels the exact same, don't lose what you've got..." I tried my hardest to sound supportive and calm but I could barely contain the excitement I felt for him, finally is all I could think. After years of forcing myself to not involve myself they had got there on their own.

"Fine do you want me to talk to him for you? I'll be subtle" he practically stared wide eyed in shock at my question and I just stared back confused at his sudden change in emotion. "What?" I burst out still unclear on what he was getting at. "Absolutely not! You're a... you know just get to the point, no hard feelings type of girl. He'd feel threatened!" He practically shouted before realising someone could walk by any second, bringing down his volume.

"I am not! I wouldn't threaten him...I'd just say I would kill him if he didn't allow it, that's all" he gave me an obvious look of 'do you see my point' he was right so I just rolled my eyes at him before continuing on to the hall for lunch.

-

When I first entered I scanned my eyes down the Slytherin table searching for Ronnie, but I should of known she'd be asleep so I joined Harry, Ginny, Hermione and Ron at the Gryffindor table, sat a few seats down were Dean, Seamus and Neville who I smiled at sweetly, still wanting to hang around with them more. "Had any more luck with Slughorn mate?" Ron asked his mouth stuffed to the brim with chicken, Hermione and I grimaced at each other over him looking like a slob.

"No, no luck...wait that's it!" He shouted once again losing control of his volume, especially in a more public place "all I need is a bit of luck..." He now whispered and we all immediately gave approving looks. Slughorn said himself 'all you're endeavours would be successful', this was what we needed to get the information Dumbledore needs.

"Do you wanna just do it, I have other plans for my liquid luck?" He nodded not even questioning what for exactly, if I'm honest I wanted to save it for something important, yes the memory was important but not so much that I wanted to give up my shot of good fortune. For now, until necessary to be used it would stay spelled in my jewellery box under my bed.

"MAIL!" McGonagall called from the front stage as owls swooped rapidly over our heads dropping letters to people along each table, we paused our eating to see if anything would come for us but returned when most of the owls flew off again, empty handed. "So-"

"Potter this is for you, dropped it off at the Slytherin table. You know your house table!" Pansy snarled flicking the letter on the table before me, glaring at my group before scurrying back to her seat. "Let me guess, six foot three ginger?" Hermione joked and I grinned cheekily before standing up with a last wave, rushing off to the dungeon stairs to read it in privacy.

'Love,
Tickle the pair painting, you know to get into the kitchens. Tell the elves you're my girlfriend and they'll let you take whatever. In your letter you said you're going to Sirius' for the holidays, think he'd let me come stay too? ;) I seriously don't think I can go that long without seeing you, George misses you too you know...said he was sorry he couldn't come see you when you got poisoned but someone had to look after the shop. I miss you already gorgeous,
Love Freddie x'

I smiled at his quick response to the letter I sent last night, glad girls night was finally under way. I pushed the letter into my robe pocket planning on replying to it later, along with a letter to Sirius.

For now I wanted to find the girls and let them know the plan for the weekend coming. I decided to go see Luna first as the others were still in the Hall and I'd have plenty of opportunities to ask them later, I knew exactly where Luna would be anyway and I knew exactly what I'd find her doing.

I walked along the grassy hill just before Hagrid's hut, seeing the blossoming tree in the slight distance. And just as I expected smoke surrounded the air above the branches, I sped up my pace wanting to make it before she smoked it all. She flicked her hair around at the sound of running towards her and she gave me that perfectly kind smile she always held on her face. It took mere seconds for her to hold out the still rather long joint to me and I took it without a second thought, loving the buzz it gave me. I inhaled a few tokes before handing it back, bringing up the plan "so was thinking about a girls night this weekend, drinks, snack, games what do you say, you in?" She took a long drag before handing it to me again "that sounds lovely, who's coming? I can bring some of my fathers stash" I gleamed at the thought of having weed to make the night even better.

"Ginny, Hermione, me, you and Ronnie, you know Ronnie right?" I felt the fuzzy feeling course through my veins making me feel warm and relaxed. Even though I was rambling when I spoke "she's your Slytherin friend, she seems nice" I loved that Luna wasn't one to judge, she was accepting and a lot more laid back than the others, I guess being a smoker helps with that. "Yes, she is trust me" she smiled handing the zoot to me to finish off.

We walked back to the castle arm in arm, rambling on about what we could do this weekend. We weren't exactly subtle with the high taking over us, but neither one of us cared it felt great speaking to Luna like we used too it had been a good while.

...

"So dear brother of mine, you ready?" Without an answer he pulled the cork from the bottle chugging it all in one. Hermione, Ron and I watched intently wanting to see if anything changed but it didn't seem to change much from just sitting before him.

"Sooo-you good?" I asked breaking the awkward silence and staring. He largely smiled standing from his seat energetically and we all grinned at his sudden change in mood. "I feel- Excellent!" I burst out laughing at how hyper he was acting "Really EXCELLENT!" He shouted and Hermione joined me giggling while Ron just sat that shaking his head with a smirk.

"Remember Harry, Slughorn eats early takes a walk then goes to his office" Hermione instructed through her giggling, only making me laugh more.

"Right...I'm going down to Hagrid's" the laughing stopped when he rushed his way to the door but I quickly called out "colloportus" locking the door before he opened it. "The whole point of this is to speak to Slughorn!" Hermione spoke knowing that's exactly what I would of said, just not so calmly.

"I know! But I have a really good feeling about Hagrid's, like it's the place to be tonight. Do you know what I mean?" We all glanced at each other with identically baffled expressions, Harry had never acted this irrational and spontaneous. "No..." we all answered in sync having no clue what he was going on about.

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing, or Felix does!" With that he spun on his heel calling out "alohomora!" At the door still talking very excitedly.

"Should someone go with him?" I asked and they both shook their heads, I shrugged my shoulders sitting down on the sofa, still finding what had just happened hilarious.