24| skull & snake

"YOU! Get here now." I screamed down the hall pointing an accusing finger at the boy, stomping my feet towards him his expression didn't change. It was fear/guilt written across his face as I threw him into an abandoned classroom by his robe.

"Why the fuck did you do it? Katie almost died!" His eyes started to water at my words whilst he tried to uphold his stern stance.

"Who made you do it Draco?" I could tell this had broken him.

An already broken boy was now shattered.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Malfoy answered while sniffling and rubbing his worn-out eyes, his pale skin paler than normal.

"Don't bullshit with me, was it your parents?... No? Okay was it... No, no don't tell me it was- Malfoy what the hell!" I hadn't dreamed of Harry being right about Malfoy, joining Voldemort in his uprising. But he was right Draco Malfoy is a death eater I could tell just by the look on his face. I practically wept at the truth I had been so anxious to hear, while I stormed towards him tugging at his sleeve while he resisted me.

"Come on then, show me your mark- the gift of the dark Lord, bet you're so proud of yourself!" I bellowed to him while still forcefully gripping at his sleeve attempting to reveal his forearm before whacking his arm with a sigh. I couldn't look at him, his face it made me think such hateful thoughts.

"I WAS CHOSEN!" He shouted causing me to spin back around on my heel to see him stood with his left forearm on show. A black tattoo consisting of a skull and a snake was imprinted on him, I didn't say another word and continued out of the room.

...

It was time for Slughorn's dinner party, I wore casual clothing as it wasn't necessarily a formal event. It was based around school subjects each of the personally invited students answering the Professors questions. Cormac sat across from Hermione and I and I couldn't help but give him the middle finger when Horace wasn't looking, for even attempting to flirt with Hermione.

"Ah Miss Weasley, come in." I heard the Professor speak making my head shoot up in the direction of a tired, distressed Ginny. "Look at her eyes" Hermione whispered to me subtly

"They've been fighting again haven't they, her and Dean?" She nodded and I gave my sister a sympathetic smile while mouthing 'talk after' to her, I hated seeing her unhappy let alone bawling her eyes out. Harry then awkwardly stood when she came to sit almost making me choke on my desert. I had always know who in my friend group liked who, Ron and Hermione and Harry and Ginny, I was desperate for one of them to get a move on. I have to try my hardest not to intervene but it was near impossible with how oblivious they all are to each others feelings.

-

"You have to eat something Ron, how else do you expect to play well?" He shook his head puffing out his cheeks at the thought of eating anything, he was so nervous bless him.

"So how was it then, your dinner party?" he asked us mockingly trying to change the subject.

"Probably the most boring thing I've ever had to go through, speaking of dinner and you know food... EAT!" I said with a petty smile pushing his plate closer to him.

"Slughorn's having a Christmas due you know..." Hermione mentioned while reading this mornings article of the Daily Prophet, scanning over each paragraph like the speed of light. "and were meant to bring someone." her hints couldn't have been more obvious to anyone, but this is Ron we are talking about.

"I expect you'll be bringing McLaggen, he's in the Slug club isn't he?" I mentally face palmed myself at his response, how can you be that idiotic?

"Actually I was going to ask you..."