26| grow a pair

"I have to go darling..."

"No, not yet a little longer!"

"I'm sorry, I love you!" Fred leaned down and pecked my lips as I still laid naked under the duvet moving across the room to put his shirt back on. I stood up to help button it back up still unhappy that he was leaving me. "It's Christmas break in a few days, you can stay with George and I, don't worry not long now." I smiled going on my tip toes to kiss him once more before he made his way to the door, he spun back around again "you should talk to Ron, try sort things out with the prat..." I nodded with a sigh knowing he was right, I missed my best friend and we needed to talk to get our group back to normal, I hate the divide, I hate the minimum talking between us, it's not right.

I quickly shoved on shorts and one of Fred's t-shirts following him downstairs to see him off. "Have fun did you?" Seb asked from the same spot on the sofa he was in 2 hours ago, he was only sat with Taylor and Ronnie this time making me feel less judged and more mocked by my friends.

"Yes it was great fun, I can go in to detail if you'd like?"

"NO!" They all shouted in sync making me give a proud smile at my success of getting them to drop the teasing on the subject.

"I love you Freddie."

"I love you too Kat."

-

Christmas break came around and I couldn't even explain the excitement that filled my stomach, I had a permanent smile on my face at the thought of staying at the Burrow with my family, and some time at the Joke shop with my boyfriend and best friend. I packed my trunk all to quickly wanting to get to the train as soon as possible, desperate for that feeling of seeing everyone on the journey to solidify.

I met with Hermione as she wanted to get a separate compartment to the boys, despite my need to sort things out with my friend who I missed dearly, the teasing, the bad-timed jokes. All of it, I couldn't deal with not having any red heads around. So who else to turn to than my little sister?

Seated in our section it was just Hermione and I but I couldn't handle it, I quickly sped down the train aisles to find Ginny to rant to with Hermione, needing her to fulfil my doubts about our falling out with Ron, needing her to tell me to grow up and sort it out. After all I knew Mione wouldn't convince me of this, she wanted me to hate him as much as she did at the moment, to have someone to relate to which I can't argue with, I don't want her to be alone when the events that happened gave her every right to be pissed. "Ah Gin thank god! Come sit with us?" She nodded and began following me up through the carriages in the direction I came from.

When I sat once more my breathing was heavy like I had taken part in a marathon, let's just say I'm not a very active person. "Ginny, I'm not happy we barely see you anymore" I moaned at her leaning my head on her shoulder in fake sadness.

"I know, I've missed you guys!" She responded in a similar tone to mine making me chuckle at our perfectly matched humour. We explained the situation of Ron even she could see the issue, it didn't take a genius to know Hermione is crazy about Ron even if they didn't know that about each other yet. "Honestly Mione, just tell him you like him for god sake!" Ginny demanded being reasonable I wanted them to be together more than anything, I was getting impatient with the unknown feelings between the two.

"Really Ginny? Did you happen to tell Harry how you feel?" She replied with a jokey tone in her voice making me snigger as Ginny turned as red as her hair.

"Let me give you both a piece of advice, get a fucking move one. It's driving me mad! Your feelings are reciprocated you're all just as scared as each other to admit them." I wasn't afraid of being honest, or in truth hurting their feelings. It was necessary, they needed to hear it. "You think Fred and I would be together if we didn't grow a pair and tell each other, you guys deserve to be happy... so just go for it and tell them how you feel." I practically begged my last words hoping they would have some sort of effect on what they would do. As they were deep in thought, taking in my words and thinking over whether they would take them in to consideration or not.

The door slowly slid open revealing my brother with a guilty look on our his face at the intrusion making me look at him with a 'what did you do?' look. "Can we talk, it's important?" He asked and we nodded him in until Ron followed him in, Hermione's face dropped at the sight of him not having been this close to him in weeks. "Sorry, he has to be here for this" Harry told her when he saw her furious face at the forced encounter between them.

"I'm gonna just, you know go-" Ginny told us leaving the compartment getting the feeling she wasn't apart or involved in this conversation.

"Well what is it?" Hermione spoke out with her arms crossed keeping her angry stare out the window, clearly having an interest in the 'urgent matter' but also wanting to up hold a furious attitude to not even give Ron a chance at apologising.

"It was the night of the Christmas party, I overheard Snape and Draco talking about something called the Unbreakable vow..." Harry spoke to all of us clearly needing everyone to understand what this may mean.

"The unbreakable vow? What is that?" I asked oblivious to the term having never heard it before.

"It's a magical binding- contract sort of thing." I arched a brow confused at how that would be 'unbreakable' clearly Hermione caught on to my questions even without saying them out loud, "it's unbreakable as if the person who made the vow, breaks it will die." She spoke more reluctantly sounding less cold than she did moments earlier when Ron had arrived. I had felt nervous about talking to my friends about Draco when they still didn't know what he had done, I wanted them to know but I still needed it to be figured out for myself. If the trio knew, none of us would get any information from him. I hoped since I had kept his 'activities' a secret he would still have some form of trust for me.

"Are you sure that's what he said?" Ron questioned clearly and Harry nodded in response "it's just you can't break an unbreakable vow!" He added making me burst out laughing.

"I figured that much out for myself funnily enough." Harry answered and I took a glance at Hermione and saw her struggle too not be amused by Ron's stupidity only making it funnier to me. We were almost instantly Interrupted just when we had started getting along, enjoying each others company, by a love-struck Lavender brown. She had placed either one of her hands on each side of the doors frame staring at Ron possessively,

"oh bloody hell..." Ron said drawing the others in the compartment in the direction he was focused on.

Hermione immediately dropped the entertained expression she held a few moments prior, seething at her presence. Hermione wasn't an anger-filled person but I could tell she either wanted to scream or cry making my frustration levels go through the roof. Lavender exhaled her hot breath against the glass of the door, the condensation from the heat giving her the opportunity to write upon it.

R + L - was what she had written inside of a heart, the girl looked as if she would explode with how infatuated she was with him. If I didn't know any better I would have assumed she was under control of a love potion, but then again we all know Ron isn't smart enough for that. She quickly did hand motions to say 'I love you' as he wouldn't be able to hear her I was playing with my thumbs as a therapeutic sort of way to not completely go crazy.

Hermione, who had kept her gaze outside the window ever since she had seen Lavender arrive, finally turned her head to see what had just been done. She instantly stood from her, hurt written all across her face as she made her way out of our section. Without a second thought I stood following after her, without another word to the other two inside.

"Hermione come here!" I didn't have to tell he twice she spun around and flung herself into my arms letting out a cry like I had never heard before, she had been so strong about it all and now it was a case of the whole situation had broke her, mentally broke her.