22| it physically hurts

*16+ explicit scenes*

Handing Hedwig yet another letter, 7th one this week in fact thanks to Harry letting me use his pet for the past few days. Every time I sent one I would watch the bird flap it's wings aggressively towards the sky until it became a little dot to the eye. My heart was broken, Ron felt guilty about the whole ordeal.

As he should.

"We need to do something Harry."

"I know Mione she hasn't moved for hours"

"Don't you think she is hungry?"

"Why is it your always thinking about food Ronald?!" Hermione snapped at him before forcing herself forward to place a hand upon my shoulder, not even noticing they were stood in the Slytherin common room. I jumped at the sudden contact turning around to face them with my eyes watering but not releasing any tears. "Katherine, come with us..." I shook my head shrugging her hand off of my shoulder turning back to face the window.

"Come on K even I'm coming!" I turned my head once more to see Ronnie stood with the trio, shocking me I arched a brow moving my eyes across each of my friends. "We're going Hogsmeade, and you're coming whether you like it or not!" before even responding I was pulled up from the window seat being forced to the door while I dragged my feet in a way of resisting. Veronica scoffed linking my arm with hers, leaving me no choice in the matter.

In the carriages it was left to small talk between the group as I sat silently with my hand linked to Veronicas taking in steady deep breaths, trying to push my depressing thoughts to the back of my mind. I had never felt so vulnerable or so much pain, heart break in my head caused mental pain, but now that I have experienced it. It's physical, my heart physically hurts. It feels like I'm suffocating like I'm in need of gasping for air.

It was then the carriage stopped at our destination me being the last to leave my seat, the breeze hit my face blowing my hair in all kinds of directions. "Three broomsticks for a butterbeer anyone?" Hermione suggested and everyone nodded including me feeling like I need to get warm and relax with my friends, the only ones capable of cheering me up other than my boyfriend.

...

Instantly the heat from the semi-crowded pub washed over our bodies, making us all feel better. We all handed Ron our sickles and he went to order whilst I occupied a seat next to my brother.

No matter what I couldn't withdraw my eyes from one spot, all the memories flooding back making me want to burst into tears like I had been all week; that table tucked away by the window was the first place we admitted liking each other. I felt myself begin to crumble, until the glasses of deliciousness were slammed on the table. Finally allowing my self to remove my eyes from there onto my glass. "I need distracting." I said my voice cracking a little after being silent so long.

"What do you think about Zon-" Ron was immediately punched on the arm by Hermione who was glaring inches from his face. "Sorry I meant to say what about Honeydukes?" I chuckled as he rubbed his arm surprising even myself. But I smiled happy that I was feeling better chugging my drink and standing up telling them all to do the same. In sync they all lifted their glasses downing them as Ron's started dripping down his chin making me burst into a fit of giggles.

"You guys are my medicine." I said sweetly before turning around towards the door, hearing their footsteps following behind me.

"Kat! I haven't seen you in ages, where have you been?" Ginny asked me bringing me into a hug as the door was shut behind me.

I embraced her missing my sister immensely. "Sorry Gin just going through a shitty time that's all." She smiled looking me up and down with a sympathetic look plastered on her face.