97| figment of my imagination.

I felt my eyes flutter open, my hands instantly flew to cover them as the light was too bright. Although, the whole room was. It was white, the floors, the walls, the ceiling. Everything.

"Hey, kid." I heard someone mutter and I turned to face them with a relieved grin. Tonks was stood there with her arms crossed over her chest, her purple hair tucked behind her ears.

I ran at her and she already had her arms wide open for me, she looked happy.

I was giggling whilst looking around the room for anybody else but there was no one, just us.

"Wait-" I gasped my eyes wide, "if I'm with you then that makes me-" I knew this was meant to happen but it felt surreal up until this point, like the time wouldn't come.

"WAKE UP!" Tonks began screaming, shaking me by my shoulders, repeating it over and over. "Open your eyes, Kat, open them!"

I felt an instant pull from the white room, next opening my eyes in a Hogwarts classroom. I was coughing whilst crying out in pain.

Hermione was flipping through a book while Ron gripped my hand, looking quite pale and squeamish at the sight of blood. "Hurry up!" Ron was screaming pushing down on my stomach with his t-shirt. It only made me groan more with the pressure, I had never imagined so much agony.

"Kat, you know the spell! The one you use to heal!" Hermione was shouting unintentionally making me feel worse. I was all choked up, I couldn't speak; I was panting to breathe. She was crying whilst trying to read each book within seconds. I knew they wouldn't do it, so I did and yet they still try to save me, I needed to die they knew that.

"Get Harry or someone!" Mione ordered Ron placing her hands where his once were. He went for the door straight away whilst I watched Mione panic uncontrollably. Her hair was all over the place, my blood had already dried on her hands. I didn't have much left in me, I felt my heart stop before.

Technically, I had already died.

I wanted to say the words, say what the spell was, but I couldn't. I looked her in the eyes trying to subdue the pain for even a second to look at her. She was silently sobbing, her eyes red and puffy from seeing me injured. I was willing to put everything on the line for this and I did, I'd do it all over again.

"I don't remember the spell!"

"Try and remember Neville!" Ron spat as he burst through the door, pushing Neville in front of him.

"Merlin!" He went pale only just staying on his feet with Ron's support. He was resisting getting any closer to the blood, he was so frightened.

"You said she did it on you earlier, remember it!" Ron's voice was shaking, he could barely get a word out without a voice crack. I could feel myself slipping away, I didn't have the fight in me anymore. I couldn't say anything I couldn't help myself to get better.

I had learnt this spell years ago and didn't think to share it with anybody. I was the cause of my own demise.

"What the fuck have you done!" I immediately saw the three of them jump up with their wands pointed at the door. "Help her for god sake!"

"Leave, Malfoy!" Neville stood in front of the two, acting rather brave considering I could see his knees trembling at his own boldness.

"We can't help her, Neville doesn't remember the spell!" Ron sniffled whilst Hermione turned over her shoulder every few second to check I was still breathing but I could feel my eyes closing without my consent.

"Spell? What spell?"

"The spell she used to heal his cut."

-

Narrators pov:

"We are not letting you near her!" Hermione screamed when looking Malfoy in the eyes, he had sweat dripping from his forehead, even a cut going along the side of his neck.

"She used it on me, a few years back." Without a warning he pushed through the three stood up, crouching beside Katherine's cold body. "That night has been replaying in my head ever since," Draco whispered so that only her almost white and still body would hear it. "Vulnera sanentur." He whispered again, allowing the silent tears of guilt stream down his cheeks.

"Is that it?" Ron asked in more of a grunt, when Draco nodded he immediately told him to leave. When he didn't listen to his demand, he practically threw him out the door.

They all watched full of anticipation, the cut was gone, but the body was still pale.

Katherine's pov:

"You're back. Tonks mentioned she saw you." I covered my eyes again, adjusting my vision to the brightness. It wasn't Tonks this time? I thought. When I turned this time, it was utter shock. Clearly, this was all a figment of my imagination, I hadn't seen Tonks, I pictured death. I'm seeing Ronnie because I'd want to see her before I die.

"Why are you here?" I sighed as she walked towards me, looking much healthier than she did a little while ago. She had her short pink hair back, her stunning blue eyes that I was always so jealous of. I was seeing her from when we were happy.

"Not important, I'm here to send you back." She smiled pushing my shoulder playfully with her index finger.

"I don't mind it here, it's quiet." I put on a very unconvincing smile when waving my hands around the room. "I don't like the pain, okay? I can only hold on for so long, V." I sighed when she gave me her obvious look to say she knew I was lying.

"You are going to open your damn eyes, live your life, get married and have a big family of ginger babies!" She spoke sternly pointing her finger at me to make her argument. It frightened me to think I was seeing her, I could have seen anyone dead, my parents, Cedric but no I was seeing the living. It was off-putting somehow. "Don't make me force y-"

I was back in the classroom, but there was no pain. I must've had enough adrenaline to block it out. But Ron, Hermione and Neville were smiling, cheering even. Jumping up and down whilst hugging each other.

"Celebrate my death why don't you." I yawned sitting up but seeing no fang stuck inside my stomach, not even any more blood flow. The blood-drenched shirt was on the floor and I felt completely fine.

Hermione pounced on me, sitting on my lap as I groaned at the harshness. "Shut up and hug me." She slapped my back and I gripped hold of her as she was being quite forceful.

"Jesus, Mione I'd never thought I'd have to call you a bitch." I giggled and she slapped me again before Ron pulled her off to get a chance to hug me. He looked a mix of angry and happy it was like each half of his face was telling me a different thing.

"I should hex you for being an idiot." He huffed pulling me up from the floor.

"Hex me, I hex you." I shrugged before he pulled me in.