12| fifth year

Harry and I were paranoid that Sirius joined us back to the train station in his animagus form, meeting us in a waiting room guarded by Moody and Tonks.

"Sirius are you mad! If someone sees you-"I worryingly asked him.

"I had to see you off, what's life without a little risk?" He showed no signs of anxiety or even a care in the world on the matter of being caught.

"We don't want to see you get dragged back to Azkaban" Harry spoke up, his voice sounding as worried as mine.

"Don't worry about me, anyway I wanted you two to have this." Opening the sheet of paper it showed a photograph including our parents and other familiar faces of the Order. "The original Order of the Phoenix..." They all had smiles on their faces even during the tough time they were going through 14 years ago. Sirius pointed out Neville's parents, Frank and Alice Longbottom who to quote him, "Suffered a fate worse than death." He then went on to us about our parents, which in any circumstance would make me burst out crying but I didn't, seeing their smiling faces only made my heart swell with pride.

"Do you really think there is going to be a war, Sirius?" It scared me to think of the Dark Lords rise, all the people I love at risk.

"It feels like it did before." His response was brief and it was obvious he was reluctant to say much more, but my brother and I both knew what was coming, what we had to prepare for.

...

When arriving at the carriages that pull themselves to Hogwarts, it was different a bony horse-like creature was standing tall in front. Hermione and Ron looked at Harry and I as if we were mad not seeing the creature we were on about. "You're not going mad. I can see them too, you're just as sane as I am" a petite blonde girl spoke from the carriage seat, her voice soft and her light blue eyes staring down at us. She was later introduced as Luna Lovegood a Ravenclaw in our year, she was sweet but also slightly strange.

Arriving in the Great Hall, Ronnie and I launched at each other it had been months since I had seen her. Her hair had been cut up to her shoulders and it was now a pale pink colour, it was very out there but she pulled it off without even trying.

"Before you ask I only did this to my hair because my parents specifically told me not to."
She said this with a goofy grin, making me chuckle at her rebellious nature. Ronnie then began tapping my arm aggressively to get my attention "Have you heard, about Malfoy's Gryffindor girlfriend?" I practically choked on my juice at her words and my mouth hung open in shock. "So I only found out a minute ago but her names Indie-Mae or something I don't know, she's in the year below and she's apparently really sweet."

"Aw poor girl, you say she's really sweet but she won't stay that way if she's around Malfoy" I felt a strong form of pity for the girl.

"A Gryffindor can you believe it! Rumour has it his parents freaked out about it but he refused to break it off!" The sense of excitement in her voice only made me stare in confusion,

"Your such a gossip!" I joked with a playful push of her shoulder.

Professor Dumbledore then took to the stage to gather all students attention, he began mentioning Hagrid is on temporary leave, Harry and the other Gryffindors who were close to the man all sent me puzzled looks. This would mean care for magical creature would be taken over by Professor Grubbly-plank, it isn't a subject that particularly interested me in the first place but it would be a lot more entertaining with Hagrid.

It was then a short-stump looking woman covered in pink head to toe stood from her chair interrupting the Headmaster with an "AHEM" she held a sickly sweet smile on her face scanning the room over each and every student.