94| make it stop, please

I thought my end would be more spectacular, more meaningfully.

It's disappointing really...

"Come on, I can't be seen helping you!" I felt my arm being tugged at, my immediate thought was that Draco was helping me, yet again. The voice, however, was not his. I had zoned out, imagining that I was dead rather than trying to get out. Where Harry, Ron, Hermione or the three boys were was beyond me.

The smoke was getting to me, making me blurt out chesty, throat burning coughs. The flames had grown massively since I last focused, it seemed all exits were blocked off. Then it hit, who was trying to help me?

I span on my heel making my headache from the sudden movements. I couldn't believe it.

"Ronnie?" I gasped in a slight chuckle of disbelief.

"Kat, please we need to go!" She made her grip tighter dragging me to a clearing where the flames weren't quite as high. I followed simply, not sure how she would help us escape with all the exits covered.

I took my time while walking to look around, there were very few areas that weren't covered with the bright amber flames crackling as it burnt every item and furniture the room held. Still no sign of my brother and my friends, they wouldn't leave me in the flames unless they...

No, I can't panic, I can't overthink.

I didn't have the slightest clue on what to say to Ronnie, it had been almost a year since I had last seen her. Her hair had changed, it wasn't pink anymore. If anything she looked malnourished and like she was undergoing masses of stress. It made her look older, unnaturally so.

We had very little communication on how she was planning to leave, but when she dragged me out the back of an unburnt part of the room, I saw a door. It was so close to the fire, but just enough away so that we could slip out.

What about Harry? Hermione? Ron? Draco, even?

What if I've left them to die? Then what?

"I haven't seen them, you were alone when I arrived." Ronnie panted as she pushed open the door, shutting it tight behind us both. I was alone, they wouldn't leave me alone voluntarily. I didn't need the anxiety on top of everything else. This was too much.

Instantly all my worries turned to Veronica "have you got it?" I mumbled which came out more like judgement. She arched her brows but I watched as she gripped her right arm over her clothing. It wasn't her fault, I knew that, but either way, we were opposites. Ronnie and I were against each other. This battle was between me and my best friend. "I've known for a while now. I can help you, you know that."

She stared at the floor as if she was going to start sobbing any second. "I can't, I'm too deep into this now." She took large breathes in, trying to keep the tears at bay, "it's been a long time since I've seen you, a lot changed since then. I'm not the same person anymore..." she caved. Within seconds I heard her cry out, whimper even. Her knees were trembling which pushed me to grab her to support her standing.

We were out in the open. If anyone saw her beside me heaven knows what her family would do to her as punishment. I rubbed her back, guiding her towards the nearest classroom. I made sure to pull the blinds just as a precaution. I sat her down, grabbing the tissues at the back of the room.

"I'm gonna be sick." She gagged pointing to a bucket on the floor by the front desk. She was not well, she had been bottling this up. Physically and mentally she looked destroyed, my heart broke for her. I pulled her hair from her face as she continued on for a few minutes. "I can't do this anymore Kat. It's draining me, I just want it to stop, please make it stop!" She was gasping for air with her struggle to talk and cry at the same time.

"I'm going to help you, come with me." I cupped her face, tears streaking down my own cheeks at the feeling her sadness gave me. Never in my life did I think I'd see this side to her. Ronnie was the bright, bubbly and immature one of the two of us, seeing her so empty and unwilling to carry on was not was I was used to. It made it all the harder for me to witness.

I pulled her up gently giving her time to keep her balance. I even took the time to tie her hair back in case of any sudden urges to throw up again. She couldn't fight in her condition, she couldn't go to her family, she needed a safe place. I knew one person that would not judge her but nurture her. Molly Weasley treated me like a daughter since the day I met her, I needed her to do the same for Ronnie.

I could hear spells being shot in a distance, even walking down the corridor I saw broken down walls, the debris scattered across the floor. "We are never going to find her." I groaned, keeping us beside a turning as there was a duel currently occurring.

"Find who?"

"Never mind that, where's your wand?" I questioned and she held it up in her hand to show me, "I want you to make your way to the forbidden forest. When you're deep enough, apparate to Diagon Alley." I held her hand, squeezing it much too tight, but neither of us cared at that moment. "Go to the Weasley shop, take this." I pulled my set of keys for the Grimmauld place and the boy's shop, placing them in her palm. "You will be safe there." She stared at me blankly but I didn't have time. If duels were happening then others could be in danger, I still hadn't caught a glimpse of the trio which terrified me just as much.

"I love you." I sighed, kissing her cheek before running off down the corridor.

"Petrificus totalus!" I shouted at the death eater having a duel with a sixth year, but I continued on running, hearing a subtle thank you as I passed them. Hogwarts was covered, with friends and foes. Floors were covered with rubble, ash and even blood. It was a horrifying sight, it made me feel as though everything in my life was falling apart. The worry that the three were dead repeated on my mind.

I was in denial.

I couldn't let that distract me, I was passing so many opponents, ducking and shooting spells at them so I could pass. I could feel my heart beating rapidly against my ribs, it was adrenaline that was making me so successful in those I was going against.

I had stunned at least four death eaters whilst they were distracted by other people and disarmed three who tried to stun me first. I wasn't sure where I was headed, I planned to keep moving until I saw someone, anyone that I wanted alive and well. I had been occupied for quite some time, anything could have happened.

Fred, I hadn't seen Fred in ages. Was he okay? I ensured it, he would be fine, I was sure of it.

- will finish the next chapter by tomorrow night <3