10| I couldn't save him

KATHERINES POV:

I was suddenly picked up causing my eyes to open, my skin on fire from their hold stinging into every cut and scratch. Once I opened my eyes I saw a familiar face "Cedric?"

"Your okay, I've got you" when I looked at my surroundings and saw Harry I called to him
"HARRY! It's Peter, Peter Pettigrew!" Almost as soon as I warned him he emerged from the shadows as both mine and Harry's scars began to throb like a pounding sensation flowing through our bodies. Cedric carefully placed me down as I gripped the skin trying to ease the pain.

Cedric drew his wand pointing it towards the rat-looking man "Cedric no don't he will kill you" I shouted at him pulling at his leg to stop him, ignoring my warnings he still stood his ground.

"AVADA KADAVRA!"

"NO CEDRIC" I screamed my eyes flooded within seconds the salt from my tears seeping into my cuts I crawled over to him gripping his shirt in my fists, pounding at his chests. His eyes stared lifelessly at the sky, no emotion on his face, his skin white and like ice to the touch.

Cedric Diggory was dead and it happened right in front of my eyes, even a few mere seconds after his death I was already envisioning it over and over in my head.

Peter stalked his way over to Harry levitating him into a statues grasp, without my wand there was nothing I could do.

I couldn't breathe it's as if I had forgotten how to.

Pettigrew then revealed an odd-looking Dark Lord that we could pinpoint his face from the first year when Professor Quirrell was working with him, Peter then dropped the fetus looking Voldemort into a cauldron, dropping his bones in after. It was his rebirth.

He followed this by chopping off his hand, it was gruesome to watch as I felt my vision blur. It was a miracle for me to be conscious or even alive after the pain I had endured over the past few days, I felt my breathing weaken feeling completely useless, unable to help my twin.
Hearing Harry's screams made my heart stop, pushing my self to my knees I crawled towards the statue, my sight finally returning to me. I saw Pettigrew distracted and grabbed Harry's wand by his feet "STUPEFY!" I screamed at him throwing him halfway across the cemetery, whilst the cauldron set alight. I watched in horror as he rose in front of our eyes. Taking his wand from an unconscious Peter. His black cloak morphing to his body as well as his snake-like facial features formed on his face. This wasn't a representation or someone else doing his dirty work from the grave like previous times, this was Voldemort himself, in the flesh.

Voldemort then stabbed his wand into his forearm, seconds later clouds of black surrounded us revealing the death eaters.
"Welcome my friends, 13 years it's been and yet here you stand before me as if it were only yesterday. I confess myself disappointed, not one of you tried to find me..." Voldemort began ripping the masks from their faces making me shake with fear. "Not even you, Lucius!" he fell to his knees begging for mercy. When he walked passed his followers he kicked Cedric's corpse in the face making me turn away, his eyes and how they looked tonight would never leave my mind. "DON'T TOUCH HIM!" Harry shouted to him

"Ah Harry, Katherine I had almost forgotten you were here, standing at the bones of my father. I'd introduce you both but word has it your almost as famous as me these days, 'The two that survived. "How lies offend your legends Potters!" I felt lost, this was where we would die. "Should I reveal what happened 13 years ago, should I divulge in how I lost my powers. It was love, you see when dear sweet Lily Potter gave her life for her children. She provided the ultimate protection, I couldn't touch you...it was old magic. But how things have changed..." He rushed towards us pulling me to my feet by my hair digging his nails into each of our scars, we screamed out in pain. For the first time in my life, I wanted it to be over, death seemed less fearful to me at this moment.