6| i'll take you up on that offer

Walking to breakfast with Veronica I bit my tongue when I walked past anyone staring or talking about me so I didn't snap like I did yesterday, I was known to lose my calm manner quite quickly and I didn't want to give anyone an obvious, expected reaction from me. I sat at the Slytherin table and waved at my friends a few tables over, they clearly saw Ronnie with me and didn't call me over to join them, only leaving them to wave back with pleasant smiles. Harry was walking in towards the Gryffindors to join them for breakfast when Ron stood up to leave once he saw him, this fucked me right off. Seeing the childish ignorance from my best friend towards my brother, knowing full well he was agreeing with what others were saying about him angered me more than any other students talking about him would, Ron is the one person who should be supporting him, helping him prepare. But no, he was blatantly ignoring him.

"I'll be back in a minute," I told my friends once she was sat and she gave me an odd look as I turned away stomping towards the door he was headed to. I quickened my pace walking after Ron in order to block him leaving the Great Hall.

"Move Kat I'm not in the mood" he grunted at me not caring about the fact I had an even more infuriating look written across my face compared to his.

"No I'm not in the fucking mood, that is your best friend over there getting the cold shoulder from everyone for something he didn't do, he doesn't need to be shut out by you either. You need to get over this jealousy your feeling towards Harry and stop acting like a bloody child!" Everyone stared in our direction their mouths open as they watched the drama unfold before their eyes like a cinematic masterpiece, Ron's face paled at my words staring at the floor to avoid my eyes that would burn through him like fire.
"I've said what I needed to say, what you do now is on you, but my brother needs your support now more than ever so when you've gotten over your little tantrum you owe him one massive apology, got it?" He swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded scurrying out the Hall.

"What is everyone staring at?" I spat and they all quickly turned their attention off of me.

Thank god.

I walked back to Ronnie and sat back in my seat letting out a sigh to relax, finally getting my anger out on someone felt good, and Ron deserved it none the less. Even the Slytherins surrounding us gave me approving nods, not particularly making me feel any better about myself for the humiliation I had just caused Ron.

"That was the best thing I've ever witnessed" Ronnie screeched gripping on to my arm in an over-excited action.

"Shut up Ronnie" I joked pushing her arm playfully off of me, I looked around the Great hall, Harry gave me an appreciative smile and Ginny mouthed an 'Oh My God' to me making me shake my head with a smile, damn that felt good. Seeing that my friends approved of my lashing out reassured me that he was indeed in the wrong and that he needed some words of wisdom. Even if those words pierced him like a dagger to the heart.

*

The door opened to the Gryffindor common room just in time to work on potions with the twins, they were laying down on both the sofas uniforms untidy as always, Fred quite literally hanging off the edge of the couch with his buttoned shirt done up all wrong. In all honesty, George was always the neater of the two, but the sight made me chuckle at how little they cared, how they did what they want when they wanted to. Harry rushed down the stairs of the boy's dormitories in a hurry interrupting us before we had even started. "Katherine, I was just coming to find you can I have a word?" He sounded subtly excited clearly trying to hide it from the others present in the room, worrying me slightly at how strange he was acting.

"I'll be back in a sec," I told the boys as I followed Harry up the steps through to the boy's dormitory, he stopped at a window-sill motioning me to sit.