63| moving in a blur

{filler chapter}

"F-Fred..." he clutched my arm protectively as we both pulled out our wands, his in his suit pocket, mine tucked in my nude tights.

An order member's patronus flew into the centre of the tent which everyone stood warily around, "the ministry has fallen, the minister is dead...they are coming" the voice wasn't one I recognised in the slightest. But it didn't take a genius to figure out exactly who it was in regards to.

The familiar yet horrifying black smoke of apparating death eaters came from each side of the now fearful tent, many relatives had apparated at the sight of danger whilst others stood their ground defensively.

"KATHERINE!" I heard Hermione scream but I couldn't catch a glimpse of her through the guests manically running out of the way of the intruders.

"Go...go and get out of here-" Fred spoke reluctantly releasing my arm, staring intently into my eyes as I even saw them well. "Fred... I- I love you Freddie." I cried before I backed away from him. "I love you too, love" it broke me to see tears fall from his eyes, but I knew that I had to go.

"KATHERINE HURRY!" I saw Mione, Harry and Ron huddled in a corner ready to apparate when I joined them, I shared one last glance with Fred who now stood in front of Ginny, his wand at the ready to protect her.

Then I was all twisted losing sight of the wedding decor, the people I love in danger. Who knows when the next time I will see them will be...

I gasped at the feeling of landing, but before even having a break I was dragged off the side of the road by Ron, only then did I see the London bus about to drive straight in to us. The shock of another near death experience rid my body of it's queasiness.

"Guys what the fuck do we do? This wasn't supposed to happen yet!" I cried out as all the others looked traumatised. "We can't stay here, this way." Hermione demanded leading us into a back alley, I wasn't sure where we were but Hermione was the one to apparate us so, I knew it was somewhere she believed to be a safe place.

"We need to change..."

"I don't think we had time to pack a holiday bag Mione!" I was angry yet devastated, not at my friends but I'm sure they didn't take my rudeness to heart.

"I've got us all things, we can't be in dresses and heels for a horcrux hunt, Kat." She tried to sound polite but I could tell she was frustrated too. She handed us all items of clothing from her tiny bag she brought to the wedding. She was a genius and she knew it.

I was handed a tartan flannel with a vest top, followed by a dark pair of jeans. I was glad Hermione was as smart as she was, she always had the right solution, the right choices. I don't think any of us would be alive without her help in dangerous situations.

We changed first, as the boys turned to face the walls whilst changing their shirts, then once we finished we shoved the clothes we had worn back into her bag. Everything was moving in a blur, it was all rushed, not thought out. Everyone knew the main goal was to not get caught, the only way that would happen is by getting out of sight of anyone. Including muggles.

-

We ended up secluding ourselves in an empty cafe to speak on the plans, no one could think of a safe, hidden place. Not one that we could agree on anyway. "Do you think they're all okay..." I muttered staring blankly into the cup of coffee before me, "do you think we should go back...make sure everyone's okay?"

"Katherine, they are after you two. If we go back we are putting everyone in more danger." Ron answered taking my cold hand into his, I smiled slightly and agreed with a small nod of my head.

"Ron's right..." Hermione agreed with a surprised tone, making me snigger at the offended look on his face "right well that was rude- where do we go from here" he changed the subject "the leaky cauldron?"

"That's far to dangerous, if Voldemort's taken over the ministry then none of the old places are safe." Hermione replied and we all knew that anything she had to say must be listen to as it was definitely correct. "We can only hope everyone from the wedding will have gone underground, into hiding." I thought her words over but the death eaters must have known we were there.

"We left everything Mione, they will find them and know we were staying with the Weasley's" I whispered to her as two men walked past our table, but she shook her head bringing in everyone's undivided attention. "I've had the essentials packed for days, just in case..."

"God Hermione, what would we do with our you." I sent her a grateful smile linking our arms on the table. "I'm not even going to moan about the ugly clothing b-"

"DOWN!" Harry screamed as we all dropped to the floor instantly, seeing blue sparks shot over our heads from the cafes counter top. We immediately pulled out our wands whilst still being on the ground, "Stupefy!" Harry and I stood while Hermione and Ron both crawled behind the tables to get closer to them.

Harry managed to successfully stun one of them whilst the other laid low behind the counter, every now and then attempting to shoot spells. The four of us were shooting spells his way, missing him by a mere few inches each time. Hermione, of course, ended up hitting him to the floor with spell. Rendering the cafe safe for the time being.

We all made sure no one from outside could see inside, as well as turning off all the lights inside, just to be certain. "What do we do with them?" I towered over the unmoving bodies laying on the smashed glass and other objects destroyed during the process. "We can't exactly leave them here, they will-"

"It's better we wipe their memories..." Harry answered pushing Hermione to go through with it. She looked horrified to be doing the spell, it confused me but I didn't push to ask instead I moved to the death eater, Dolohov. Wiping his memories clean so she wouldn't have to do something that made her uncomfortable, twice.

- been exhausted from trying to shift lately, no luck yet but we will see xx
- I've tried too long to think of what to write, guess I've finally experienced writers block. Next chapter will be much better but I think I'm glad I'm finally done with this scene.