28| two years together

"What's with all the shouting in there-" Molly started angrily due to the noise in the room that I had shut the door behind, I panted still trying to regain myself after losing my temper. She quickly dropped her tone giving me a worried/sympathetic look clearly waiting for my breathing to steady before questioning what had happened moments prior.

"Sorry- Molly I was shouting...don't worry I'll go upstairs and be quiet." I spoke apologetically making my way towards the stairs, needing to escape conversation with anyone. "No dear, don't be silly. Come with me" she replied calmly with her sweet motherly voice taking place from her frustrated one, she wrapped one arm around my shoulder guiding me towards the kitchen now that no one occupied it.

She settled me down in one of the arm chairs towards the back of the room, surrounded by her knitting materials. It astounded me how many colours of wool and items of clothing sat around them, it was a talent I had always been curious of. "Have you ever tried knitting sweetie?" I shook my head at her whilst admiring a bright blue jumper that sat on top of the pile, and she quickly handed me two wooden needles. I stared at her wide eyed at her expectance of knowing what to do with them in the slightest. "Don't worry I'll teach you, it's my relief if I ever feel stressed, angry or bored. It works you'll see..." I smiled gratefully at her for being so considerate and caring of how I was feeling.

-

It had taken at least twenty tries to understand the stitches without a mistake, surprisingly Molly was able to keep patient and open minded throughout the whole process. She was better than I would have been at explaining, I would of for sure given up teaching someone as incapable as me. Although with the long timing it had taken I now understood different stitches and am now able to knit confidently as long as I kept focus, to not create any mistakes. Much to Molly's relief she didn't have to explain it to me any more times than she already had. Looking at her out the corner of my eye melted my heart, she was beaming at me wholeheartedly now having a knitting buddy. Ginny had never had an interest in the hobby so I was glad to have an activity to do with her, just the two of us. My possible... future mother in-law.

FREDS POV:

I assumed I had waited long enough for the group downstairs to finish their conversation hoping to finally spend time with my girlfriend, to do the things I had planned for us. When I ascended down the staircase the lounge door was still shut, I rolled my eyes at it and walked sluggishly into the kitchen with annoyance at how long I was waiting. I was impatient, constantly feeling like she would have to leave any second back to Hogwarts, me not even getting a moment alone with her. It would break my heart.

As soon as I entered the door frame I heard my mother's voice causing me to look in her direction, the sight made my stomach flutter. I had always hoped that any girlfriend I had would be close with my family. Of course Kat had been around a long time and was very close to each of my family members that lived here at the Burrow, but seeing her sat taking the time and effort in one of my mother's hobbies just made me love her more, not even Ginny would do that. "Freddie, if I made you a jumper would you wear it?" She questioned pulling me out of my thoughts wiping the overly-joyous smile from my cheeks, "o-of course" I responded in the least convincing way possible, unintentionally.

"But you'll wear your mothers!" She gasped clutching her chest as if I had thrown something at her. "I'm insulted, you underestimate me Frederick." Kat spoke teasingly making my eyes wide at the use of my full name, only I hated it less when it came from her mouth...

"Now Kathy, I trust my mothers Knitting skills, yours on the other hand..." she quickly threw a ball of yarn at my head to shut me up followed by another, but before she could reach for another one I sat firmly in her lap. Making my mother leave the room whilst Kat was left unable to move, squirming beneath me trying her hardest to get me off whilst doing her laugh, her genuine laugh, my favourite laugh.

"Happy anniversary Fred."

"Happy anniversary Kat." I quickly picked her up taking her spot on the chair, now placing her in my lap. "Two years, can you believe it. Presents?" She nodded and jumped off my lap, seeing her walk away I couldn't understand such beauty. Her hair swaying with every step, I had never felt love like this. Someone to make your breath catch in your throat, to make your stomach fill up with butterflies or even to make looking at them feel priceless.

A few moments passed and she arrived with a simplistic large brown box in hand, she had an excited/giddy look in her eyes making me think that having her was enough. "Here you open first..." she placed the box in my lap vacating the seat to my right, staring me down with her undivided attention. I peeled back the tape sealing the flaps together and saw boxes and boxes full of sweets in the same packaging, treats I didn't recognise and hadn't had before. "Um- thanks?"

"They're not just any sweets Freddie, I made a new joke shop item..." Hearing her say that words had made me realise my luck, she got me better than anyone, not including George. What other person would know exactly what I would want, it involved my hobby, profession and my stunning girlfriend.

"Merlin! What does it do?" I asked bouncing up and down on my seat like a child while she just laughed at the switch of my mood. "You're going to love this..." she speedily unwrapped the packaged sweet placing the creme coloured oval candy in my palm. I shook my head with refusal of taking the treat, not knowing what would happen scared me even if I knew she wouldn't put me in harms way. "Don't be a wuss, just do it!" She pouted to guilt trip me but I still declined pushing my hand towards her for her to take it, making her roll her eyes and shove it in her own mouth. Within seconds of her demolishing the sweet, her whole body started to twitch, shrink almost...

"Oh my..." I looked at the chair she once occupied to know see a small baby cooing away with amusement her green eyes and brown hair still recognisable, clearly enjoying the shocked look plastered across my face. Kat is a genius I thought, a sweet to temporarily put you in baby form. I held her in my arms trying my hardest not to laugh at how ridiculous this was, that was until people entered the kitchen.

"Um- who's baby is that?" Remus asked from across the room as Sirius, Harry, Ron, Ginny and my mother and father stood behind with equally as confused stares in my direction. I opened my mouth to speak but the tiny, precious infant in my arms grew still in my hold. "Hey everyone, why are you all staring?" she chuckled sarcastically leaving the others present to be confused at what they had just witnessed.

"Anyway, where's mine!" She demanded trying to sound serious but just ended up sounding adorable. "That's what I have planned for the night, come on let's go get ready" I stood up still holding her in the bridal position out the room, all the others still standing with their jaws on the floor.

"Can anyone explain that?" Sirius asked pointing to where they once sat and everyone shook their heads still stunned.