76| your true self

We had only stayed at the cottage for about an hour longer, Ron had cleaned himself up and got some food in him before I insisted we left. I had left it long enough already, who knows what kind of danger Luna could be in. I made a promise I was going to stick to it even if it kills me.

The biggest advantage I had was that I had been in the cellar. It was a discreet way for us both to apparate into the manor without getting caught.

"Where are we really going then? It must be a big deal if you couldn't tell them lot." Ron questioned jogging up beside me, I was moving much quicker than he was, I was overthinking again.

"Luna is with the Malfoy's. We are going to get her." I spoke confidently, I shouldn't be nervous, I wasn't wand-less anymore and I had Ron. It should be much simpler, if I could escape without a wand I can win with a wand.

I felt more relieved than anything, the time spent with the Weasleys really helped where I was mentally at the moment, I think it was necessary to my survival, almost the only thing that made me feel as if I could get through this.

"We're going in there? Are you mental?" He gasped grabbing my arm to stop me from moving, Ron was brave in his own way but that never meant he liked walking straight into danger, I guess it's just in my blood.

"Yes, Luna needs us, don't worry I've got your back Ronniekins!" I chuckled taking his hand before pulling out my wand.

I hated dragging him into this, I know deep down if I attempted to leave him behind he would come anyway but I didn't like involving him. "I'm sorry, we will be in and out okay?" He nodded whilst swallowing the lump in his throat, I think that was partly due to the fact we were about to apparate. It was completely understandable that he didn't like it anymore.

I thought about the cellar again, whilst also keeping Luna in mind hoping it might take me to where she was instead. I still wasn't used to the apparition, I didn't understand how it worked but personally it was worth the risk.

I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt us twist, still feeling our hands locked together. It wasn't a necessarily pleasant way to travel but in comparison to a port key, I much preferred it.

I felt the tap as our shoes hit the cobblestone flooring at the base of the cellar, my initial reaction was to instantly check to see if Ron was hurt.

He still had his eyes shut, only opening one to see if we were alright. "Not bad Kat, not bad at all." He gave me a congratulatory nod before wandering around the room.

It didn't seem any busier since I had last been in here, I was beginning to doubt she was even down here, "Luna?" I whispered walking around whilst Ron set up some light with his deluminator, "fuck." I groaned when seeing others perched up against the wall, looking in absolute agony. "Wait. Ollivander?" I crouched down beside him as he mumbled something barely understandable.

"He's ever so hurt, he needs help..."

"Oh, Luna thank god! I have my wand we can apparate." I stood up while Ron helped me support the wandmaker to his feet. "Who else is here?" I asked rapidly wanting to leave as soon as we possibly could. They all looked a mess.

I smiled when Dean walked around the side along with a goblin. "Are we leaving?" He spoke softly with his usual kind and gentle look. I nodded to him ushering them all towards the centre of the room.

"PUT THE BOY IN THE CELLAR!" We all heard Bellatrix roar, causing both Ron and I to duck away and hide if they knew of our presence everyone here would be done for.

The others stayed where they were blocking the view of us to whoever was about to come down here. "Do you-" I slapped a hand over Ron's mouth once I heard the unlocking of the cellar gate, I kept my hand there the whole time waiting for it to be safe.

"Harry!" Luna chuckled running towards him, this instantly made both Ron and I to jump up to greet him.

"Katherine?" We both met each other in a much-needed hug. For the first time in a long time, I didn't feel any anger or resentment towards him, "how did you get here? Are you hurt?"

"Harry- really I'm fine, I can get us out of here." I smiled taking his hand to drag him towards the group but he stopped in his tracks, "what is it Haz?"

"Hermione...she's up there." He mumbled heading back for the gate as if he would catch sight of her, it was then we heard her horrifying screams echoing there way down to where we were. It was making the hairs on my neck stand up, I felt a sudden drive to do anything in my power to help her.

I could picture the torturous things Bellatrix would force her to endure, it physically broke my heart to imagine it. Hermione of all people didn't deserve this.

"Ron, give them your wand." I turned around to face him, pointing towards the huddled together group behind him.

"Absolutely not!" He argued causing me to frown at him whilst crossing my arms over my chest, "...fine." He snapped handing it to Dean who gave him an appreciative nod.

"Apparate to the station, we will meet there once we have Mione." I nodded for them to go without even getting a response. All of us up there trying to save Mione would be a big mistake, only two of us having wands whilst protecting five others.

It was worse now, I was the only one with a wand. I had to accomplish protecting my brother and best friend whilst saving my other.

"You'll be okay a-" we all turned at the sudden sound of apparition, we all assumed we had been caught when "DOBBY?!" Harry shouted in confusion as the small house-elf smiled up at us.

"Dobby is here to save Harry and Katherine Potter!" He croakily spoke up to us, I grinned from ear to ear before rubbing his head as a greeting. "We must go!"

"No. We need to get up there, fancy giving us a hand?" I smirked before linking hands with Ron and he did the same with Harry, I pointed my wand out before apparating to the upstairs floor.

Hermione lay worn out on the floor, blood seeping from a cut on her arm, I held my wand out protectively as all the Malfoy's turned to face us in a panic.

"Stupefy!" I shouted sending Lucius flying across the room, that was one down, just three to go.

I watched Draco intently as he relieved his grip on his wand, I couldn't help but feel it meant something. We caught each other's eyes, just for a moment. He looked completely and utterly terrified, I watched him discreetly nod as if he wanted me to take him down. He wasn't a threat, not to me, possibly to my friends but he didn't want me to hate him more than I already did.

"Now little girl, watch it or the mudblood gets it." Bella snarled holding a knife up to a fearful Hermione's throat. I had two options, risk going for Narcissa or go straight for Bellatrix herself, both options seemed impossible.

"How about this, let her go and I won't kill you?" I spoke cockily hoping to get some form of a reaction from her. She kept her stance show in off her teeth with her smug look.

I didn't want to let anything distract me, I wanted to keep my mindset solely on getting Hermione to safety but it was like someone was calling for me.

I felt the intensity of pain on my back grow, a burning sensation making me feel as if I was being burnt alive-

Perhaps it was- no stop. Don't think like that.

My mind was all over the place, I could almost hear my internal screams of pain vibrating out of my body, I felt my knees hit the floor but I couldn't see it, or anything for that matter.

Kill them.

Do it.

It's what you've always wanted to do, you just have to let yourself become who you truly are.

It was as if the voice was hissing the words into my ears, what was happening?

"Come on! Give me the wand!" I heard someone shout yet they seemed so far away as if I was hearing this through a distant speaker. I felt my body tingle and lose control, how do I stop this? Have I just ruined everything?