100| well-being.

The blazing sun rays creeping through a gap in the curtains, as Katherine stared blankly at the wall. It had started getting warm out, just enough for the whole of England to start sunbathing. The wizarding world had just begun to get out of distraught, so the heat and the rebuilding of towns had taken everyone's mind off of the past.

Kat was sat on the end of the bed; alone in the room after just getting ready. She had settled on wearing a tight skirt with thin tights, pairing it with a white shirt tucked in; trying to keep a professional look about her. She had expected more time than this but money was running dry and they couldn't mope about forever. But nerves often grow in these situations, the feeling of her stomach turning making her withhold a gag.

It's true what they say, time heals wounds. Not all of them, the trauma will forever be implanted into their minds but it gets easier every day. It started as a struggle for Kat to even get out of bed, now she had decided it was time to help out. She couldn't rely on everyone else for her own well-being.

Her head barely moved when a knock on the door took her from her thoughts. Fred had poked his head around the corner, being cautious of her emotional state. She seemed relatively calm to him, no tears were streaming down her cheek like normal. Instead, she seemed numb.

"Are you sure you can do this today?" Fred questioned delicately, not wanting to put the idea out of her head completely. He wanted to support and motivate her but he didn't want to push her too far too quick. So, he did want she needed; gave her space and comfort when she needed it. Fred didn't know it but she wouldn't have coped without him. He seemed to know exactly what she needed with one glance in her direction. "There is no rush, love." He walked in front of her, keeping his back on the wall to have distance between them. When she sighed deeply for a few seconds, nodding along whilst trying to keep herself calm he had a large sense of relief. Improvements were what he wanted and what he received.

Kat stood up perkily, forcing a poster smile on her face to seem better than she was. However, this didn't concern Fred. If she could bring herself to force a smile, it was an improvement. It had been tough on him these past few weeks, seeing her so low brought him down with her but she assured him changes would be made. No, in fact, she said changes had to be made.

For the first time in a long time, he felt the strain on his heart fade. The thought of her not sulking and having panic attacks when any part of the war was mentioned, or any name involved was brought up made him genuinely at ease. "It's been three months. I can't hide any longer," Kat breathed whilst fiddling with her fingers, "I can't leave this down to you, without George-" She instantly regretted her words as she saw his eyes fall, a sadness taking over his whole face. "I'm sorry, I meant to say I need to contribute. It's not fair to you." She took steps towards him, quickly placing a kiss on his lips, taking him by complete surprise.

They hadn't been very intimate since months before the war, either she had little interest or she wasn't in the mental state. So, any kind of physical contact besides cuddling came as a shock to him. Kat had come to feel guilty of this but wanted to change it badly, she wanted him but wasn't sure how to insinuate the contact anymore. She wasn't confident in herself or her actions. If she wanted to be intimate, she wanted it to be enjoyable and she was not sure if she was capable of that just yet.

She kept it short and sweet but Fred had already pulled her back in, holding his large palms on her waist. Their lips collided, neither of them refusing to pull away until he moved them back towards the bed. Katherine immediately pushed him off, unsure as to why herself.

He rubbed the back of his neck a look of guilt whilst staring at the floor, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pushed it." He had a sound of disappointment but understanding and it just made her want him. She wanted to cave, to just push herself to go for it but she couldn't find the words to say.