33| you're dark

When I arrived back to my dorm I was thriving off the adrenaline having so much ecstatic energy, the close chance of getting caught, stealing from a Professor that hates me. It was fun, but don't mistake that as meaning I would ever want to do again.

I shoved the cloak under my bed planning on giving it back to my brother later, for now I wanted to figure out what potion Malfoy had taken. As dinner had only just about ended I made my way to the library hoping to find some answers. I took a seat in the closed off corner where people wouldn't see me as I didn't want to get deep into conversation with anyone. I wanted to put my head down and figure out what the hell Malfoy is up to...

I tried 'Potions - Newt level examinations' as I doubted what he took would be something that was effortless to make for students like us. I kept the potion in my pocket, not knowing what it is or what it does could backfire. Perhaps it's dangerous and if someone caught me with it, knowing full well what it is and what it does, not only would I be caught for stealing it but I could also get in deep shit if the Professors think I was planning on doing something with it. I flicked through every page looking for a picture of a potion with a similar blood red colour too it. After I got through three different potion books with no luck I didn't let that derail me, if this was another plot of Draco's. Another attempt to kill the headmaster I have to get on top of the plan before it takes action.

"Katherine, there you are!" The sound of Hermione's voice urged me to slam the book shut giving her an innocent look "ah sorry 'Mione I forgot about meeting you, was just brushing up on potions work." She arched a brow not hiding her curiosity for what I was hiding, "okay- spill, what are you up too." I let out a sigh, I couldn't possibly tell her about Ronnie's secret but maybe, just maybe I could ask her about Draco's potion. Without explaining the reason behind it, after all if anyone knew of it, Hermione would.

"Alright...I need your help." I pulled the potion from my pocket holding it beneath the table in my palm. I glanced around at anyone nearby just to be safe "do you know what this is?" She loosened up occupying the seat beside me clearly intrigued by the vial in my hand. She took it from me examining it closely before "Where did you get this!" She half whispered angrily, I was startled by her sudden outburst now scared of what I possessed. "Why what is it Hermione." I questioned, concerned.

"Its Baneberry potion... it's a poison, it's highly toxic to anyone or anything" she sounded more frightened than angry now and yet I knew I still couldn't tell her why I had it. "Why do you have this Katherine, you could be expelled!" She gripped the bottle tight in her palm before slamming it back into my hand, she didn't hide her disapproval of it all.

"I found it, I wanted to figure out what it was I-"

"You must take it to Dumbledore!" She attempted to pull me up from my seat to drag me there herself, but I stood my ground "god! I will Mione, just- I'll do it later." I didn't wait for her to answer or protest against my delay in doing the right thing. Now confirming that Draco was in possession of a poison and it was no doubt to kill Dumbledore like he had failed to do the first time.

I stormed down the steps to the dungeons getting serious deja vu of the last time I had beat the shit out of Malfoy, only this time I didn't want it to go down like that. I entered the common room calmly to not scare any of the other Slytherins off "where's Malfoy?" I asked the few boys scattered around the room. They just pointed up towards the boys dormitories and without hesitation I ran for the stairs taking two steps at a time. I knocked on the door over-aggressively not caring who would witness my wrath from within the room "yeah?" A voice spoke from inside sounding unbothered and like he wasn't interested in whoever was about to enter. I slammed the door open wide "you and you, out." I spat pointing my finger at Zabini and Goyle. "What the fuck, why?" Blaise retorted angrily at my demand only infuriating me more "just get out you prick"

"You're a fucking bitch, you know that." He responded rolling his eyes walking out the room Goyle scurrying closely behind him.

"What was that all about, thought you were ignoring me" I quickly slammed the door shut pacing around the room "poison, you're going to kill the headmaster WITH POISON!" I roared sending him back with the change in my tone. "I have no clue what you're on about so just piss off will you?" I scoffed at his stupid obliviousness.

"I saw you take it, it's baneberry potion. It's bloody fatal for god sake."

"And you thought that had shit to do with Dumbledore!" He shouted trying to act shocked at my accusation. "Your first try failed, so I'd say I'm pretty certain you're giving it another go!" This time I walked over to him pushing him against the wall by his neck. "You're insane!"

"No, I'm preventing you from doing something for the Dark Lord. Why Draco? I don't get it. Sure your parents are death eater but why would you ever want to be involved..." I spoke softer now hoping my words would sink in and get through to him. "Like I said before I was chosen Potter. Now let me go." I released him reluctantly now knowing it was getting me no where.

"What you're not worried I'm going to tell someone?" He began laughing in the cocky way confusing me slightly. "You didn't tell anyone about my first attempt, I'm not worried. You think you can take it all on yourself, you know being brave and intelligent. Incase you forgot you weren't housed into Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. You're a Slytherin, you have ambition and desire you're dark Katherine, that I know." He sounded so sure of himself making me angrier as the thoughts ran through my head 'maybe he's right...' I tried to push them away "stop, I know what you're doing. I'm not going to let you do this. Not for Voldemort, never" with that I stormed out the room only now feeling my eyes well.

"You're dark Katherine." I couldn't help but questioned whether he was correct or if he was just trying to mess with me further. One thing I did know was Harry, Ron and Hermione need to know what he's up too. Malfoy was right about one thing I can't take it on myself, not this.

- I love the support you guys give and I love love love reading through the comments I find them so funny thankyou for 10k love you all ❤️