8| I've missed you

The weekend came for the Hogsmeade trip and Ronnie and I met with Fred and George in the courtyard to walk down with them. Fred and I hadn't spoken for a week or so and I hated it,
I missed his jokes his flirting the lot. I just wanted to clear the air. Once we arrived in Hogsmeade the air was thick and cold and each of us were bundled up in layers. I suggested that Veronica and George go to the three broomsticks for a drink and we'd catch up with them later, they agreed and walked off together. This was partly for me and Fred but I also wanted to give George a chance to get to know Veronica.

"Can we go to the cafe?" I asked so we could comfortably talk without anyone listening in.

"Sure." his voice was deeper than normal in a way that made him sound upset. I didn't like it.

Once we walked in there were few customers and luckily they weren't from Hogwarts. I brought us some drinks with the spare change I had after refusing Fred from paying. The warmth inside the shop was comforting and I relaxed myself for the conversation, his gaze was fixated on the table tapping his finger on his mug impatiently, I desperately wanted to see his cheeky grin while he stares at me with his brown sparkling eyes, but there was no luck. "Listen, Fred, I wanted to let you know nothing is going on with Diggory, we're going to the Ball as friends."

"You don't have to explain why you're going with him, you're not my girlfriend." His attitude towards me has changed since the last time we spoke and it made me want to cry, I missed him.

"I never said I was. But since we had been getting closer I just wanted you to know that I'm not interested in Cedric." I was nervous now, which was strange as Fred never made me feel that way.

"It really doesn't seem that way Katherine, I mean you too were the front page of the Daily Prophet the other day. You want to go with Diggory go with him, I can't and won't stop you." He finally met my eyes but his stare was a mix of being furious along with being hurt.

"I was coming here to clear the air but if you're just gonna be a dick I'm going back to Hogwarts" I stood up leaving my full cup of coffee on the table, once I reached the door I turned to see Fred once more his head was in his hands. I could see the regret in his face when he lifted his head to drink his tea. I don't really know what I hoped for but the one thing that played out over and over again in my mind was him asking me to the bloody ball. If this was the outcome I would have told Cedric that I changed my mind for fuck sake.

After finding Veronica we left George to go find his brother while we went dress shopping.
I wanted something unique and a pop of colour but I was finding nothing, Ronnie found the perfect dress for her and tried it on for me to see. Her blonde hair complimented the green skin-tight dress perfectly, bringing out her inner-Slytherin. After searching through the racks three times over, Veronica walked out holding a light blue silk dress that came out at the waist. "Blue isn't my colour Ronnie!"

"Just trust me and try it." she gave me a pleading look and I grabbed it out of her hands heading to the changing room. When I walked out to show her I took one long look in the mirror with a gasp

"Okay you were right!" It almost made me completely forget my previous emotions from my argument with Fred.

"I knew I would be!" I chuckled at her before jumping up and down with her with joy.
I turned away from her when my eyes met Fred's outside from the window, his jaw was practically on the floor when he saw me and I turned away from him to let him know I was still pissed not wanting to look at the boy who had hurt me mere minutes ago.

Once I brought my dress, thanks to my godfather for giving me the money. We stepped back outside immediately being hit my the crisp air and decided we were done for the day. Fred was leaning against the shop wall waiting for me to come out, I gave him a blank stare before turning to Ronnie.