103| silencing charms

She had awoken a while ago. Not daring to move in case she disturbed Fred's peacefulness. He had one hand on her waist, not moving it so that he was at least touching her in some way.

Katherine just looked at him, his eyelids flinching slightly as he slept. It was such a treasurable moment but she knew if he were to open his eyes a cheeky comment would be made. Some would say it was creepy to watch him so intently, his chest rising and falling, his nostrils flaring ever so slightly as he exhaled. But to her it was therapy, to know he was hers. Katherine's. No one else's. Let your lover's company be the heaven you seek, whether that is time talking, or enjoying the peaceful moments. Anything is precious.

This attraction is everything she ever needed and wanted, and yet in moments, she panics all the same. She has almost finished conquering the ghosts, the ones that feel that it is safer to run from you than to you.

Yet, in truth, she can't run.

She tried.

Katherine forms strong bonds of love. She can be trusted. She will always stay with you. She can only break this kind of attraction to save herself or those she loves because doing so almost kills her anyway.

"We should get separate rooms." His voice huskily emerged, snapping Katherine from her idyllic thoughts. "Your staring is ruining my sleeping pattern." He opened one eye to look at her, looking droopy but wide-awake. She pushed him so hard he fell off the side of his single bed. Katherine giggled propping herself on the side to look at him.

He had a devious smirk on his lips that made her consider running downstairs to Molly to protect herself. He grabbed her arm as if he was using it as support to get up from his laying position.

Instead, he pulled her down on top of him, so their faces were a mere few inches away.

"You're lucky that's all you get." He huffed, pushing her over so she was flat on her back. Before he walked to his wardrobe to get a t-shirt. Fred's back turned to her as she admired him all over again. A man can be the vulnerable lover, the warm-hearted family man. Empathy is a human trait. It amazed her beyond belief. How can someone so perfect be before her eyes, every crease, every smile could make her heart rate pick up, but why?

Why Fred Weasley?

Someone having this effect on her wasn't normal.

Fred turned with two items in his hands, throwing his red Gryffindor jumper to Katherine as it had gotten far too small for him. But she left it there, rather than putting it on as he intended. Kat had a grin on her face that told him she was up to something but he couldn't figure it out.

"Put it on, it's freezing in this bloody house!" Fred demanded as he picked it up off the end of the bed and now placed it in her hands. Her refusal still stayed. His brow arched at her as she sat so innocently looking at the wall behind him to keep the confusion ongoing. He stared at her, the admiration switching from him to her.

The way her eyes were so piercingly green it made him think of fresh wands of grass on an open field, her lips so blush pink and smooth looking. Now he understood why she would look at him the way she did. Fred could understand it all as he thought he would never look away from her. Like his eyes were glued to her features; he had no control over turning away. He could if he wanted to but, he didn't.

Katherine could feel Fred's eyes on her, a deafening silence not awkward but tensioned. The urge to look into his eyes that were studying her so attentively was forceful.

He leant down to her, putting his arms on either side of her as she still looked away from him, "I know what you're doing." Fred's words dripping off of his tongue seductively. She turned to face him with this, melting under his eyes as they looked so serious, harsh yet intriguing.