96| start to end

I had forced Ronnie to leave, she didn't fight me on it as she was sure Bellatrix would tell the dark lord. She had disappeared not long after Ronnie had left, I hadn't even noticed.

Fred didn't seem to have too many serious injuries, I just wanted to stay by him until he awoke.

I heard the crashes of bricks only just down the hall, leading straight up to the two of us, unprotected. I was right by the great hall, I could take him in there as he wasn't safe out here and neither was I.

I dragged him as best I could, pushing the door open with my back. I screamed out for help to get him on a bed and quickly Dean and Oliver Wood ran to me to get him up.

"Is he okay?" Oliver gasped when seeing him unmoving. I turned to look at whether the duel occurring had worsened and I knew I had to get back out there.

"Yes but he got hit hard, don't let him leave here when he wakes up!" I rambled, not sure they understood a word I said, but I didn't wait to find out. I shot a spell at the opponents back outside the Great hall, recognising him as Antonin Dolohov -the one we took down in the coffee shop all those months ago-

"No need to thank me," I interrupted as Cho Chang opened her mouth to speak, "just come with me, it sounds as though there's more down here." I took her arm and she graciously followed, jumping at the distant noises destroying Hogwarts more with every hit.

I felt my head pound, "wait, wa- ah!" I screamed gripping the sides of my head as I saw flashes pass in my mind. I had a specific image of Voldemort screaming, in pain? In anger? I wasn't sure, but I had a pretty good guess even if I was being optimistic. "Have you seen Harry?" I rushed, grabbing both of her shoulders.

"No, I haven't." She muttered in her soft Scottish accent, which had a calming tone to it. "Ron and Hermione were in the courtyard about ten minutes ago." I smiled rushing off, leaving her rather confused with very little to go on.

I didn't pace myself but I had to find him, if what I thought was true, was actually right then we could kill him.

I passed the main stairs running to the side door, slamming it open and seeing Hermione and Ron side by side trying to take down Mrs Burke. I only recognised Veronica's mother from a single photo she had with her in the dorm. I had never seen Ronnie get picked up at the station, nor had I heard much about her family, I understood why.

I ran to them after they had stunned her, they both looked at me with guilty faces.

"Where is he, what did he do?" I yelled looking between the two of them constantly. I didn't like the lack of answers I was receiving, surely they know I'd think the worst.

"Voldemort requested his presence. He told us to go through with the plan while he's gone..." Hermione spoke up, not meeting my eyes once while Ron stood silent and still.

"He's gonna die, he going to die!" I felt the tears start as I covered my mouth with my hand. It was meant to be one of us, not us both. I thought it over, weighed out my options, I could go to the woods and stop him, or- "not if I die now." I nodded already walking towards the entrance door.

"He said we have to wait for a little!" Hermione was yelling from behind, trying to catch up, "Katherine, listen to me!"

"No!" I span back around to face the two of them, "I will die no matter what, Harry has no reason to!" They both seemed to go silent after this following me into a classroom, locking the door and closing the blinds. "I don't have time to say goodbye to everyone." I sighed looking at the two of them tear up.

I watched as Ron turned away to face the wall, trying to keep his emotions intact. Hermione, however, was now sobbing into me. I was trying to keep it together, I was meant to just get on with it. I had already accepted it, or so I thought. Now that it was a reality it hurt like never before, a pain so harsh that I wanted it to end. All those I would be leaving.

"I shouldn't be asking this of you, but I have to. Please." Moo began shaking her head backing away from me, going as far back as Ron was. "Ron?"

I heard his fist slam into the wall with a groan, taking Hermione by surprise. I heard him sob, Ron was crying. I had witnessed this only a few times during all our years of friendship but seeing and hearing such raw emotion was heartbreaking. I reached over into Hermione's bag that was placed on the table, finding only one thing capable of harming someone. A basilisk's fang.

I slowly climbed off of the table, walking behind him and touching his back, before I knew it his arms were thrown around me. Squeezing me so tightly that I thought he wouldn't let me go. I even pulled Hermione into it after a few minutes.

"Ron, I'm sorry but we have to hurry up..." I cried rubbing his back once more before he loosened his grip around me.

"Kat! We will just use magic!" Hermione reprimanded staring down at the sharp tooth I held in my palm. She was trembling almost pale looking, I was convinced she would throw up.

"Voldemort feels everything I feel, I want it to be painful-" I screamed again, gripping the sides of the desk to keep me standing.

- "Avada Kedarva!" A flash of green light flashed across the screen, resembling Cedric's death all those years ago, but this was different. It was deep in the forbidden forest, the victim was shorter, dark-haired-

I screamed in tears, begging for my mind to be playing tricks on me. I saw it all play out before my eyes and I saw what I saw. My twin was dead if my visions were truthful and not a lure to allow Voldemort to catch me, then Harry was dead.

"Harry, he-" I ran for the door but Ron slammed it shut before I could slip out, he was so concerned as was Hermione, unsure of what was happening to me. "Voldemort killed Harry, I think- I don't know what's real anymore!" I wept, grabbing fists full of hair and tugging at it. "Kill me, he needs to die." I grabbed the fang, shoving it at Ron's chest but he placed it back down again. "Ronald I swear to fucking god, he has taken so much from us, this is the only way." I shoved it back at him but when I saw him refuse I turned to Hermione. Who was just as reluctant.

"Fine!" I held it in front of me with both hands wrapped around the end. I was telling myself to do it but it was a lot harder than I expected. I couldn't control my arms to move, they wouldn't. "I love you both so much, I wouldn't have survived this long without you." I closed my eyes while talking trying to calm my uncontrollable quivering. "I've left money for Molly, tell Fred I've left him something at the shop, and George's is with Fred's." I panicked giving them so much to remember, listing everything I had left for everyone.

"Kat, stop it!" Ron roared feeling overwhelmed.

But I had already taken the next step, and I had never felt pain like it. The pop I heard tearing through my skin as I plunged it into my own stomach. I was gasping to make some sort of noise but nothing came out. I heard Hermione scream while Ron was shouting no, repeatedly.