19| an initiation

After being forced to leave Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes with the trio much to my disappointment, we were ecstatic from the fun that had occurred today as the sky started to darken. Our attention was brought to the familiar wand shop Olivanders where all four of us had gotten our wands five years ago before our first year at Hogwarts.

We all mentioned the feeling we used to get walking down this exact street seeing young new witches and wizards collecting their school supplies, Floo powder network being used by families everywhere, the excited looks on their faces when looking at their new wands. It was destroyed the windows broken completely wrecked. "Guys, is it just me or do Draco and Mummy look like two people who don't want to be followed?" Ron whispered to the group causing us to turn our attention in the direction of his stare, quickly tucking ourselves around the corner before they saw us.

After a few seconds we all peaked round the side of the building checking to see if the coast was clear, when it was Harry took lead all of us following behind him. Walking through many alleyways almost losing sight of them, they entered a shop called Borgin & Burke which I had never visited myself.

Since there was no way we could get a closer look by the door so we stupidly climbed a roof, Ron and Hermione staying on the ground in fear of falling off. We had a good view through the window of the building witnessing the dodgy meeting they were holding.

Draco was inspecting a wardrobe/cabinet of sorts making me instantly curious as to why. I was slightly frightened by my two best friends climbing up behind me clearly changing their mind on missing out on the action, seeing it was them I calmed my heart rate down turning my attention to the spying. Before my eyes could even settle on the meeting itself my head was pushed down by my brother as our friends ducked too, clearly someone was there and close to being aware of our presence here making my heart rate pick it's self back up. By the time we looked back the blinds were drawn, obviously we weren't going to get any more information from this.

...

Sat in our own compartment on the train to school as always, discussing what occurred last night, trying to understand the importance of the cabinet Draco was admiring.

"So what was Draco doing with that weird looking cabinet, and who were all those people? Don't you see it was a ceremony, an initiation." My brother spoke up so sure of himself making me scoff at him sounding so ridiculous.

"You're not seriously suggesting Draco's joined the death eaters." I responded to him with a bluntness in my tone to make sure he knew he sounded idiotic.

"It's happened Kat, he's one of them..."

"And you're so sure of this aren't you. Well either way you sound like a twat, he's sixteen? I don't like the guy but I don't go around making assumptions like that Harry."

"Then what was he doing in Borgin & Burke's? Browsing for furniture?" He said rolling his eyes.

"Yes the Malfoy's are a messed up family. Yes his fathers a death eater, but why would the dark Lord want a sixteen year old that can't even do magic outside of Hogwarts for another year."

After my comment he had nothing more to say than, "I need some air." Harry reached to the shelves above our heads taking something from them, without another word he left.

"He sounds mental!" Ron shouted surprising himself, clearly he had been wanting to say that for quite some time.

"For once Ronald you're right." I chuckled trying to lighten the mood and break the tension Harry had left with us.

...

Harry wasn't seen by us for the rest of the journey and when we got off at Hogsmeade station we waited at the platform trying to spot him. When there was no sign of him we got in the carriages getting anxious of his whereabouts. Arriving through the gates was relieving to say the least, I had confidence that this year was going to be better. No Umbridge, no tournament, just the fear hanging over our heads of the Dark Lords rise.