2| it doesn't compare.

The drinks were flowing as music played in the tent. The Irish had won and it had taken time for the rest of the group to get Harry and Ron out of their moods. It was thrilling to see them all dancing, Katherine just sat back and watched it all happen. Arthur had limited them all to two drinks but they were all easily on their fourths.

The celebration was a levitation they shared, it raised them all up to a higher plane of happiness. So much joy in front of her, them being a family was heart-warming.

Even given just a script of their conversation, with no context or voices, you would know they were these boys. The conversation was interrupted only by jokes, often at the expense of one of their friends. Yet, it was clear that no offence had been taken.

They enjoyed the banter, the witty and not-so-witty put-downs. They teased and jibbed one moment and discussed team strategy the next, taking one another seriously and giving well thought responses. But the sensible talk could never last too long, like it was scheduled by an egg timer, soon the humour would start all over again.

The twins were throwing the boys about singing a song so out of tune you would think they were screeching for the fun of it. It was simple in the room, just a bunch of teenagers who brought out the best in each other.

Although Ginny had barely spoken a word in Kat's direction she had come to realise, she didn't care. It was pathetic and she had nothing to apologise for. Katherine and Ron were extremely close, they would happily share a bed or cuddle each other to sleep, no one would blink an eye because that's her best friend. This isn't any different. Ginny was causing a problem for the sake of having a problem.

"I have to go." Katherine groaned, standing up tiredly whilst stretching. She grinned while watching Harry try to move to the beat but his lack of rhythm made him look out of place. It had always been that way, Harry was shy and awkward, Katherine wasn't. Harry was like a closed book to avoid embarrassment, whereas, you could ask Katherine anything and she'd have no problem with it being out in the open. They were opposites but that's what worked between them. Somehow, being so different made them so much more relatable.

The majority of the group barely blinked an eye at her announcement to leave but Fred and George were keen to stop her, both their heads turned simultaneously, in a way that was quite freaky. The look in their eyes told her this wasn't going to be effortless.

George stepped up first, his arms crossed over his chest making his shoulders look broad. His face paint was now smudged and dripping down to his chin but that was nothing compared to Fred's. He looked like he had dipped his face into the pots and left it alone. They both looked happy, not as mischievous as usual but they had a genuine cheerfulness to them.

"Where might you be off, young lady?" George asked her sternly. Blocking her path to irritate her. "We couldn't possibly let you leave at this late hour." He gasped, turning to Fred who agreed wholeheartedly.

"Leave off, George." She grunted. Pushing past his arm harsh enough for him to fall back on the sofa, his hair covering his eyes by the time he had landed. "I'll be fine, don't you worry." Kat smirked before closing the flaps behind her. Hearing George shout after her, trying to be authoritative to slow her down.

Cedric hadn't given her specific instructions on where to meet or on what they were going to do but either way she agreed and couldn't miss it for a second time.

The campsite was empty now, the only noises heard coming from inside the tents. The air was thick and she continued to rub her bare arms to warm them up. Walking through, her body movements were tighter and her smiles shorter; silences longer. She found everything felt strange somehow. Nothing stood out, nothing to catch her eye in anyway. It was just the loneliness at a time like this that made her anxiety go through the roof.